1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Minor ii-V-I in Jazz... WTH?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Matthew_84, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Groove Master

Groove Master

Apr 22, 2011
    Montreal
    Author of Groove 101, Slap 101 and Technique 101
    Please, please, STOP !!!

Whousedtoplay and foal30 like this.
  2. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    I Am Groot simply reinforced what Groove Master and I said earlier regarding the VI mode of Melodic Minor Harmony.

He just used the key of Eb where I used F.

Spin Doctor and Groove Master like this.
  3. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    Dear Groove Master,
    So far, I have been very nice and diplomatic with you (you as a author of an informative Groove 101) while having a "strange" discussion with you (which turned towards being lame.

You, on the other hand, have used some agitated words.
    Should you have somebody informative to say about Musical issues, please, say it; otherwise,
    Please put a BLOCK/IGNORE ON MY POSTINGS!
    Thank you in advance.

4. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    Dear foal30,
    I'd like to hear your reinforced statement "said earlier regarding the VI mode of Melodic Minor Harmony", that was NOT(!) said in other postings.

5. Groove Master

Groove Master

Apr 22, 2011
    Montreal
    Then stop nit picking on everything, please. I' m staying polite still, so I don't understand your manners....

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Whousedtoplay likes this.
  6. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    Thank you for your nice answer.
    Once again, I have only good things to say about your comments and your very informative books that I highly recommend to everyone.

7. Groove Master

Groove Master

Apr 22, 2011
    Montreal
    Thanks for your kind words but I am not here to sell or promote my books but only to share my experience as an educator and pro bass player that had the chance to learn with one of the greatest music teacher in the world, the late Dick Grove. I use that stuff daily and I have the chance to teach it too.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  8. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    I am truly happy and grateful to you that you can find some extra time and participate in our TB discussions.

Groove Master likes this.
  9. I have played with several people that went to the Dick Grove School including a drummer. They all spoke highly of him.

10. Groove Master

Groove Master

Apr 22, 2011
    Montreal
    I am not surprised. He is the reason I moved to L.A to have a chance to study with him. His harmonic concept is simply the best I've seen and the most efficient and simple still so far :)

Whousedtoplay and GastonD like this.
  11. This is correct. It's simply from Eb Melodic minor.

12. $707 !!!!!!

13. Vol 1 is online at Scribd.

Doesn't look like the the Dick Grove School is selling copies or pfds, which is a shame, because my roosky brats will probably locate a copy and sell me a pdf for $20.

I just paid Rick Beato $50 for his theory book.

14. Groove Master

Groove Master

Apr 22, 2011
    Montreal
    The Grove concept is more then just a theory book. It is a whole concept at understanding chords, their functions and plurality. It is also based on the way the ear hears and how the harmony evolved in 20th century !! The idea is to develop a way at composing and arranging for film scoring also. It is really deep and comprehensive stuff.