1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

music selection

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by smclemore, Aug 1, 2004.

1. hello, this is my first post on this forum, but i've been coming to TalkBass for awhile now.. anyways, my question:

i'm a senior in high school, and this semester i'm going to be auditioning for a few schools... i've been playing bass for four years now (i played violin for three years before switching). for a person my age, i'd consider myself very proficient. i'm looking for some music that might suit a college audition. i was thinking of the Capuzzi Concerto in F Major, but i wasn't too sure. i was also thinking of any of the Vivaldi Sonatas. i can pretty much play anything, so i'll look over any suggestion.

-Stuart M.

2. Zach Edmands

Zach Edmands

Jan 24, 2003
    Bach cello suites always seem to impress the judges. Suite 1 prelude is a good place to start. The Capuzzi concerto is also a fine choice, but for someone who's played as long as you have, I think you can play something a little bit more difficult.