Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

music selection

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by smclemore, Aug 1, 2004.

1. hello, this is my first post on this forum, but i've been coming to TalkBass for awhile now.. anyways, my question:

i'm a senior in high school, and this semester i'm going to be auditioning for a few schools... i've been playing bass for four years now (i played violin for three years before switching). for a person my age, i'd consider myself very proficient. i'm looking for some music that might suit a college audition. i was thinking of the Capuzzi Concerto in F Major, but i wasn't too sure. i was also thinking of any of the Vivaldi Sonatas. i can pretty much play anything, so i'll look over any suggestion.

-Stuart M.

2. Zach Edmands

Zach Edmands

Jan 24, 2003
    Bach cello suites always seem to impress the judges. Suite 1 prelude is a good place to start. The Capuzzi concerto is also a fine choice, but for someone who's played as long as you have, I think you can play something a little bit more difficult.