Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Curbow Progress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berklee46, Sep 18, 2003.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
  2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Beautiful!
    Greg does wonderful work... I really love his necks.

I look forward to seeing that finished, and I think you'll love it.

3. Is anyone else having problems getting into the Curbow site?

Mike

4. mcdonap

mcdonap

Sep 25, 2001
    Scott,

That Curbow is going to look fantastic when it's completed!

You'll have to give us a full update when you receive it!

Pat

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That's strange. It was up last night. Maybe his hosting service is having problems. I'll give him a call this morning to have him look into it.

6. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    it's working by now.

great bass, but one question:

are they really that expensive? the pricing tool on their webpage always spits out $5000+ .

that's almost Fodera pricing!

7. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Thanks Chris,

The basses aren't cheap, but I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the prices if you give Greg a call, especially when you consider all the detail work that goes into them. :D

8. Well, the prices shown on the Pricing page are rather higher than the actual prices. Last I knew, the "Design Your Curbow" form really just sent an email to Greg--I don't remember it giving any pricing info back directly.

If you're interested, it's worth calling (better than email, probably) to see what kind of quote you get for what you have in mind. It will indeed be expensive--these are high end instruments, after all--but not as bad as the prices posted on the site make it seem.

Mike

9. Scott, that bass looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product.

10. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I knew I should have horded that piece of buckeye burl away for myself....:mad:

:D I do need to make sure I get to Greg's shop before it leaves the state. I'll make sure I wipe off all of my fingerprints, though--you are a cop, after all. :p ;) :D

12. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    You can play it all you want before it leaves. After all, you are the one who found the buckeye for me.

I can't even come up with a witty comeback for the fingerprint comment. :meh::p

13. Stingray4Christ

Stingray4Christ

Jan 28, 2003
    NY
    BEAUTIFUL. Greg makes amazing instruments. I have a horrible case of G.A.S. right now; the only cure is a five string XT-33 fretless to go with my fretted:D

14. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    hm, i wanted to contact him, but he didn't reply to two (or three) e-mails i sent him.

calling was not an option since i'm in germany and phone calls with luthiers tend to get long :) .

maybe at some later point greg and i will "meet again". his basses always interested me, and the one shown in this thread is certainly beautiful.

15. That is a beautiful bass!! I don't think I've ever seen a carved buckeye top. Can't wait to see it finished.

Keep posting those pics!!

Jeff

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    aww, man...that bass is gonna be b0mbzoRzZ

17. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Wow..........That's all I can say........Wow!!

18. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Thanks guys!
    :D :D :D :D

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    also, i've never seen greg build a bass with that pup configuration. it should be interesting. i've always thought that a mm pup would compliment a curbow bass. cool deal, man

20. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    same pup configuration as my peavey millennium, but that is about 50 x nicer than anything ill ever be able to afford. awesome bass. i own a cort curbow, but it doesnt even start to compare...wowsers