1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New (Old) Used Bass Day

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soulman969, Nov 18, 2018.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    A maniacal beaver. I've heard of them. Even dated.....oops better not go there. :rollno:

2. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    If you send @armyadarkness some photos of her I’m sure she could be featured elsewhere as well!?!?? :0

Too far?

3. bonin in the boneyard

bonin in the boneyard Supporting Member

The way he tells it he had a whole album full before I even met her.

4. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Bwahahahhah. He’s Got many a story doesn’t he

It’s a good thing his groats can’t speak

5. bonin in the boneyard

bonin in the boneyard Supporting Member

They can't. They've seen too much.

soulman969 likes this.
  6. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Oh how I'm sad now. I had one of those, one of the best playing basses I have owned. That's another one I wish I could get back.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  7. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    We've all been their brother.

To be honest my L2500 replaced one like below which I foolishly sold about 17 years ago. As much as I like that G&L I would take my old Modulus back in a NY minute should I ever find one like it again.

image001.

8. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yeah I sometimes I miss my jazzes but not as much as I thought I would. Surprisingly.

L-2000s are just that good.

9. ProgressiveDoom

ProgressiveDoom Guest

Mar 31, 2017
    I would like to outfit a Jazz with two MFD's. Having just said that its probably a good time that I seek out a fresh pair of undershorts. I think I just experienced that turtle thing @fcleff mentioned earlier.:meh:

10. ProgressiveDoom

ProgressiveDoom Guest

Mar 31, 2017
    In my part of the world the G&L brand is a rare find. I was lucky enough to find mine since it was the only one anywhere available in my city. I can never imagine what my bass playing life would be without it. I now have 4 perfectly gig worthy basses that just collect dust. My L-2500 is just that good:cool:

11. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    That's pretty much what an L2000 is isn't it?

12. There’s a grain of truth there.

13. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Legend has it, there's a super secret "G&L Smoked Meat Pole Chicken Head Club", coming to a cornfield near you...

... As Soon As Thanksgiving (ASAT). In addition to that mind blowing idea, contributions for a worthy cobs, can be made out to Kernel Klink, via Certified Check.

Disclaimer: No affiliation to the "G&L Smoked Meat Pole Chicken Head Club". All contributions qualify for tax deductions, under the Latvia General Assembly of Corn Chucklers, circa 1871.

soulman969 and fcleff like this.
  14. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    x45son6geid11.

AB Nate, soulman969 and fcleff like this.
  15. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Very nice. I had the same bass, just in blue-burst. Got it in a trade with every intention to flip it, but as soon as I played it, had to keep it. Eventually sold it but it was my main player for a while. Still kinda miss it!

16. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    I do believe I know the Cobmaster of that place. :)

Spidey2112 likes this.
  17. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    General Burkhalter is not amused.

7c0119de852a3fb1e2e55a98308286ab.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  18. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    Thanks brother.

I was tracking a couple of Blueburst models when mine showed up on Reverb. I hadn't seen many Tobacco Bursts with a maple board and it also came with a hardcase so I jumped on it quickly.

After having played my PBass which has flats so often apparently my technique had gotten a little sloppy so as soon as I began playing the L2500 which has rounds I had fret clank like an old boiler about to blow. :bag: Nothing like a 5 string to remind you to get off your lazy arse. :bassist:

Good self teaching moment. :laugh:

19. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    In my understanding other than the tuners the only other major differences between a Tribute L Series and a US made are the bridge saddles and the preamp and both can be purchased from G&L for about $50 each.

So my question is have any of you other Tribute L Series guys done any upgrades of those and if so was there any noticeable difference tonally?

I'm also not counting specs, and finish selection which I know are much broader on a US made.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  20. BK bassist

BK bassist "Apollo's Ghost" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    “It ain’t easy being green” .... unless of course, THIS! :roflmao:

9A944A6A-D8FE-42CD-B6B6-DCCF5231286B.