1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week #3

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 15, 2008.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    OK, unlike some, I'm a realist. First year QB, young team, big game.

Packers 24
    Cowboys 30

And nothing to be ashamed of.

2. Dude, I give you ALL the credit in the world for looking at things realistically. I hate when people post things like Oakland 78, Patriots 0 crap because Oakland (or whoever else) is their team!!! Good on you!!! :) That being said, I think the Pack looks damn good (as does Dallas), and wouldn't be surprised with a Green Bay "W".

I'm gonna reserve the right to postpone my Pittsburgh/Philadelphia prediction until after tonight's Eagles game...

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'm not sure why Al Harris freaks out against TO, but he does.
    Although I certainly HOPE for a different outcome, and the game IS in Lambeau which certainly gives the Packers a real chance, I'll go along with Packerguy's prediction.

4. Lions will lose again. Seriously, who are the Lions going to beat this year - besides themselves?

5. Man...I don't feel good about this one at all...IN Denver, and the Saints look awful right now.

:meh:

If it's the team that was in Washington last weekend:

Saints 24
    Denver 31

If it's the team the Saints are capable of putting on the field:

Saints 31
    Denver 28

6. Keep in mind Gard, The Chargers beat the Broncos yesterday. Don't look at the final score, but the two BOTCHED calls. I say this as a Broncos fan.... I guess I gotta be, right? ;)

7. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    As well as the packers are playing, I think this score is a good call. The Dallas secondary in not playing to their best and if the Packer O line can give some protection it will be a close game.

8. I dunno man, they lost to the REDSKINS yesterday...THE REDSKINS...

:scowl:

:meh:

...the ship is in need of righting at this point, IMO. That is a game they should have just walked away with, but they didn't.

Unforgivable loss, in my opinion.

:(

9. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    The Giants need this win this week against Cincinnatti, they need to be 3-0 going into their bye next week. And then they need the next three after the bye (Seahawks, Browns and Niners) big time. They have to be 6-0 before facing the Steelers, Cowboys and Eagles, all three in a row ..... :help: So, since they need this one, I'm going Superbowl Champion New York Football Giants 24, Bengals 13

I'm confused by the Jets .... on paper they should be a lot stronger than they're playing so far, especially with the somewhat magical Brett Favre (Farve?) in the mix. But the Jets being ... well ... the Jets, you never know what to expect. I'm calling for a typical Jets meltdown after losing to the Pats ..... Chargers 30, Jets 17

A little tough to call the Steelers just yet since the Eagles aren't on until tonight. The Eagles, like the Jets, are swayed a lot by the win/loss of a big game. But assuming that the Cowboys will smack Philly around a bit, that'll leave the Eagles all p*ssed off and looking for blood. So I'm guessing a punch-in-the-mouth game with the Eagles having a slight edge (mostly since they don't object to playing dirty) .... Eagles 20, Steelers 17

BTW, I reserve the right to change my PIT/PHI choice if the Eagles spank Dallas ..... ;)

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    As if the first two games weren't bad enough now my Colts will have to play a division rival, the Jags. :eek: That Bye Week can't come soon enough!

I say it will be another squeeker but I can't say who will come out on top. :meh:

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I am actually happy to say this as a realist, 9ers will walk away being 2-1. I think we got a chance against the lions.

Then, it's all bad...

12. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I'm gonna say
    Packers: 14
    Cowboys: 21

I think the Cowboy's defense will pressure the Pack a lot but we'll see what happens...Rodgers and the entire Pack lineup will have to bring their A game to beat the Cowboys.

13. I'm staying out of this one.

14. Brilliant game, Cowboys and Eagles. Some suspect penalties, but over all very entertaining. 41-37 Cowboys.

As for next week, Packers are a good team but I don't believe they've got enough experience at the helm of that offense to pull it all together.

Cowboys 34
    Packers 21

15. Learned our lesson, did we?

;)

16. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Okay, based on the Monday night game, I'm sticking with my Eagles 20, Steelers 17 pick. The only way I would have changed that would have been if the Eagles stomped Dallas or if Dallas had embarrassed the Eagles .... Philly gets very big-headed after a big win, and they get all moody after a bad loss, but a close game only gives them more incentive to win.

However, I'd love to see the Steelers kick the snot out of Philly ..... :cool:

17. Oh hell yeah!!!!! I'm gonna have to pick Philly as well. I think Pittsburgh's D should slow them down, but Ben will definitely need to step out of his safety zone and let some fly if they want to beat Philadelphia.

20-10 Philadelphia :atoz:

18. That's what I get when I make predictions when I don't know a damn thing about the NFL. I'll stick to college ball. :p

19. You'll be learning a lesson about college ball in a few days as well...and getting your second sig file from me right afterward...

:smug:

;)

20. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    Dolphins at Patriots

Pats by 7
    :bassist: