1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NIN/JA Tour

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by MetroBass, Mar 26, 2009.

1. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    Can't wait - we have our tickets for San Diego 5/16 and Irvine 5/20 and we're sitting right across from you - May hurry up and get here! Tell Trent thanks for the free download, again!! Wow.

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet! See u there.

JMJ

3. Broadbent

Broadbent

Mar 28, 2007
    I got front row tickets for Detroit. I'm pumped! Although I'm on Robins side. Front row though! Maybe I'll sit down the whole show just because I can..... ;)

4. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Do you have any info on why the Darien Lake (Upstate NY) show got canceled/replaced? Just curious.

5. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Sorry, dunno! If I hear anything, will post.

JMJ

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Just wondering if you played on those 2 awesome tracks from the tour sampler.

7. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    I did not. Both tracks feature Trent on bass or keys (Non-Entity).

8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Non-Entity has a sick synth bass line any hints to what he used :D since I'm still shopping for a synth

9. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Not exactly sure, but I'll wager it's either a soft synth like Absynth, Oddity, Imposcar or one of the Ohmforce things. Or one of his epic modular/semi-modular pieces at the studio.

JMJ

10. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    May be going in June at Mansfield, MA.

It's a school night, so we'll see.

11. Che

Che

Jan 13, 2007
    Canada
    TaySte, just going by my ear, but to me it sounds like a Nord Lead 2 run through some overdrive or reamped....

12. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    I can tell you that it's definitely not a Nord.

JMJ

13. Che

Che

Jan 13, 2007
    Canada
    hmmmm interesting! cool thanks Justin!

14. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    I'll be there. Mansfield MA in June.

15. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    We have ours for May 9th. :hyper:

16. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    Has there been a lot of changes from "Lights in the Sky" tour to the 2009 NIN/Jane's tour? Did you know you'd be performing back to back tours when you head out on Sept 2008? Is this the first time you've jammed with Navarro?

17. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Changes - yes. Songs, staging, lights, crew, band. Lots of changes, for sure.

Yes, I did know the schedule back in June when I began, actually. To some extent, any way.

I've never jammed with Navarro, and I'm not actually sure if I will in this instance as well.

18. thombo

thombo Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    slightly off thread, but it pertains to the nin/ja tour- you have mentioned the importance of staying healthy on the road...
    do you ever tour with your bike?

i just read an interview w/ aaron harris of isis where he talks about touring with his road bike, and taking rides w/ justin chancellor when he toured with tool. i had an image of you and stephen perkins (he's seems like a spandex wearer) cruising down the road between sound-check and show time.

19. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    I do tour with my bike. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to do it for this upcoming tour without having to put it in the bay of the bus and it getting destroyed by all the other crap I'm taking this time (studio in flight cases). When you put it down below, you have to think about putting it in a case if it's a nice bike (which mine is)...and when you do a case, you have to take the wheels, pedals, handlebars off. It's a 20 minutes procedure everytime you put it in OR out of its case. BUMMER!

So I think I'll do what I've done before, and buy a cheapie on Craigslist for $100, then give it away at the end of the tour. :)

Anyway, talking aloud here, but yeah - it would be cool to hit it. WHen I don't do that, I hit the gym for sure. But the bike thing is fun, and I like getting out and seeing stuff.

Best,
    JMJ

20. Couldn't you get a bike rack mounted on the back of the bus? How about running? Takes away the risk of falling off and damaging those precious fingers...

P.S. I'll be seeing you guys at the O2 in London. You following the same running order as the US dates with Jane's Addiction playing after NIN? Either way round makes for a grand night out to my mind...