1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Official Eventide Stompbox (H9/Factor Series) Club!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Adamixoye, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    It looks like several months ago there was a stillborn effort (single post with no responses) to start one of these, but with the release of the H9, I figured there might be stronger interest this time around.

I am also planning to start a settings thread which I will post shortly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
  3. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Here's the Eventide goodness on my current board. The Digitech FS3Xs control the two units, the EB VP Jr. 25k controls the Modfactor, and the This1sMyne expression knob (stereo 25k) controls the Pitchfactor. The expression knob is supposed to be 25k mono but I find the 25k stereo works just fine.

10608015635_875a0467bf_h.

4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

I used the ModFactor regularly and had a PitchFactor for a while. Now it's all been replaced with an H9. Great sounds and form factor. With an iPad, it makes it easier to control than the 'Factor pedals. My board size got cut in half with the H9.

No regrets on this one.

5. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Do you want a number?

6. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    I'm in! I love my H9.

7. No number needed, but I have an H9 and a Pitchfactor.

8. I can't claim a number, as another TBer is the lucky owner of my Timefactor now. Too bad I was broke. The looping function alone was worth the price.

My only complaint was the size and power requirement. And the sound banks took a while to get used to, but I'm no genius.

The H9 is new to me. I will have to check that out. Eventide's build quality is excellent.

9. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Alright, Sound Chaser is in as member #2! I won't hand out numbers unless you explicitly ask for one, or at least say, "I'm in"/"sign me up"/etc. On the other hand, I'm fine handing out numbers even if displaying them in your signature isn't your thing (as I type this, I still need to put it in mine). So I hope some more people request them. I also realize the "club" thing isn't for everyone, period, as at least one person in the PYPB thread said.

In any event, I'm glad there's a little more action in this thread, and I hope you guys post some settings in the settings thread. I already put in my favorite Harmodulator patch, and I intend to add some more soon.

10. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Thanks for the offer but I'm not really a number kind of guy. :meh:

I do think this is a worthwhile thread though. There's LOTS of potential in these pedals. They're almost instruments in themselves.

I'm up in the air right now if I want to include the H9 on my "meat and potatoes" gigging board. It's definitely over kill. OTOH, it most certainly has a spot on my "crazy, make some noise, looping" board. ;)

11. VSR

VSR

Mar 22, 2009
    I'm in.I will also post some pitchfactor patches when I find some time. [​IMG]

12. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Nice, I've got you in at #3. I'm looking forward to the patches!

13. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    I was playing around with the Synthonizer (on the Pitchfactor) yesterday. I had been previously unimpressed but I think I got the hang of dialing in better sounds. There is some cool stuff you can do with it. I don't have a preset I'm ready to commit to yet, but I'm finally in range of one.

14. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Can I be #4?

6e93bab4bf88ca074f729c6705ff817f_zps23d5d88c.

Some changes are happening but the Eventides are staying.

15. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Absolutely! I would love to get some of your Modfactor settings. I'm still figuring out mine.

16. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    I'll post some tonight...

17. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Do you guys want to post settings in this thread or use the settings thread I created and linked to above? I posted one preset in the other thread. I could copy it over pretty easily.

18. billgoodwin

billgoodwin

Mar 28, 2011
    Roanoke,VA
    Eventide Space - (sorry for crappy photo)

19. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    I'll put you down as #5 unless you say otherwise.

And to everyone, we've got some more action over in the settings thread. I tried out the patches from VSR briefly this morning---some cool stuff in there!

20. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    I just checked out this video:

What I found very interesting is he said support for the Factor series will continue in spite of the H9. With the big push for the H9 and the way people have fallen in love with it, I was a little worried and am relieved to hear this. He also says that the preset editing and software will extend to the Factor series and there will be a much better way to edit and share presets.