OMG! Fender CS is the best!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommygunn, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Kenton

Kenton

Feb 16, 2009
    I like the bass but for 6 grand id rather get a custom body made the same as it and a fender J neck buy a Rickenbacker 4003 and buy and Ampeg Svt and would prob still have change to go get drunk. Come on Fender you no this would make an awesome retail bass sort your self's out.

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I'm just stunned....$6K??????

I buy cars for less.

3. Christ that is beautiful. But yeah. Cheaper, gents. Mucho points for originality. That thing has class!

4. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    At Summer NAMM in Nashville 08 I snagged this photo at the Fender display.

fenderdecade.jpg

:meh: ... Seems like their answer to the Lakland Decade?

5. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I've recently seen 60's LPB P-basses going for less than this new Fender.

6. I dig it but not for $6,000. The CS has been a bit sparse too of late with their product line. I got a NOS 59 P-bass last year from the CS and just in time -- it was discontinued this year. I suspect the reason they've cut back is the economy.

7. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    thinking...

Ok, a nice USA Spector, and a pretty loud rig...that telelotto bass picture is starting to get blurry in my mind ;)

8. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    I'll bet that bridge pup would brighten the tone up over a standard Tele bass.

+1
    Same bass in "American Standard" quality for about $1500, and I would probably have another MIA Fender in my arsenal.

9. or make a "better thanFENDER CS" logo
    :D

10. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That seems to be a bit much for a CS...IIRC, Master Built basses sell for around that range, but not your "standard" CS basses....

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

$6000 would buy all of the 8 basses I play, plus the cabs and heads I own.

12. looks great, but...
    (jumping on bandwagon) $6000 got me 12 months of rent last year. lol

13. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    ditto here

14. Really? It wasn't mine was it :)? I've just sold this "1961" LPB P Bass for about $2,000 ...

5d414444.jpg

:D OK, it was only a Fender CS model.

15. Anonymous Guy

Anonymous Guy

Jul 28, 2008
    I wonder if they used the same exact pickups from the Squier Telebass, or if the CS winded the reissues themselves.

16. NOS with a BadAss bridge? (or are my eyes deceiving me?)

17. Nope! Definitely a Badass II :smug:.

18. schnigges

schnigges

Jun 29, 2008
    luxembourg
    *looks at pics*...

*looks at specs*...

okay, nothing special but ok...

*looks at price*

WHOOOT?

19. Ok, so I have 2 Lakland 55-94s an Ampeg tube pre combo, a couple Marshall combos, so if I sold all of it and then added some...

...you kidding me?!!

20. nicfargo

nicfargo

May 28, 2008
    Lincoln, NE
    for those wondering, exact same PUP as in the squier TB (you can purchase them for $89). I'm ordering a 2nd one, making a custom pick guard, and possibly going to repaint the body shell pink :) Gonna be sweet!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021