1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky DI right choice

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Gladowsky, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Gladowsky

Gladowsky

Apr 30, 2007
    Iowa
    I just ordered a Sadowsky Preamp/DI to enable me to run a boosted signal to our soundboard (as well as my stage system). I currently already play a Sadowsky 5 with active electronics. I hope I'm not overdoing the gain but I suppose I can just turn it down? The cable to the sound board is at least 75' so a boosted signal will be helpful. But I don't want to overdo the gain to my amplifier's (Hartke 7000) preamp. The Hartke's built in XLR output is junk in my opinion.

Do you think I made a good choice?

2. BR Audio

BR Audio Guest

Apr 13, 2006
    Hey Man,
    I've never used the Sadowsky box, I'm a big fan of the Radial boxes, but you should have no problem with this DI. Cable length to the mixer shouldn't be a problem at all and the signal level should not have any affect or very little on your amp. Make sure you connect your bass to the input of the DI, and the Through output to your amp then xlr to sound board.

Hope it helps.
    take care
    Gil