1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter Stargazer 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGod2013, Jan 14, 2012.

1. BassGod2013

BassGod2013

Jan 14, 2012
    What is really the difference between the crimson burst and brown burst? Why does musicians friend and guitar Center have them as a different bass?

Also curious to those who have played it, how does it compare to jazz basses and p basses?

2. orangeball

orangeball

Jul 12, 2011
    Very unique looking bass.

3. Played these a couple of times in GC (both were Crimson burst).

Never a big fan of Ricks (looks or feel) or EMG pickups (usually passive guy) and these bass felt and sounded great to me.

Never seen the brown burst or know if electronics are different or what not.

Necks felt closer to jazz profiles.

4. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    I think that the brownburst is what I've seen referred to as tobaccoburst or antiqueburst. I think it looks totally hot. The crimsonburst should be the equivalent of the Ric Fireglo.

I think that "brownburst" looks much nicer and thus I believe that they will often charge more for a more popular color. Simple supply and demand politics.

5. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies!

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    The Stargazer does one sound really well. Neck feels good similar to a J bass. But EMG's sound like ...EMG's, so I can't really compare this to a P or J bass. I enjoyed mine for a while, but I was exploring a larger range of Jazz bass tones so I sold mine.

6. orangeball

orangeball

Jul 12, 2011
    If you like the Stargazer, you might like the newer Schecter Ultra Bass. It has a Thunderbird-ish look.

7. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies!

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    you're welcome.