Seafoam green: the pepto-bismol of greens

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frustum, Apr 29, 2021.

1. andare

andare

Oct 4, 2016
    Krakow
    Sonic colors all have little saturation, so Sonic Blue would be a faded Daphne Blue, like a light blueish white.

Troglodyte1911 likes this.
  2. This may confuse those who are colour blind involved with this thread - from left to right - coral red (fiesta red); Cruz teal (seafoam) - the Cruz teal has a slightly greener tinge to it in reality

A38E3C51-29E4-4615-AEAA-316EA5FD5FB8.jpeg

Attached Files:

tubatodd, Haavard E, Spectrum and 4 others like this.
  3. Hmmmm.....no, not for me. There are no bad colours, their use is where it all goes pear shaped at times though. Some just don’t work for me on a bass.

4. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

Dec 27, 2002
    South of the USA
    The whole idea is to widen the market space, attract other parts of population to buy products. That's why they have all of those water colors, pastel tones and soon-will-be lace on guitars.

5. cratz2

cratz2

Jul 8, 2019
    Indy, IN
    I prefer Surf Green but I don't dislike Foam Green at all.

Guido Fawkes likes this.
  6. Gregory H

Gregory H

Jun 25, 2020
    A great quote from a great professor of mine - "All colors go together, some just need to try harder."

7. Don't forget harvest gold appliances. My Robin is seafoam green, but it looks weird in every photo. 2010-04-04 10.48.07.jpg

murphy, Haavard E, Spectrum and 3 others like this.
  8. I blame the 60's, the Beat Generation, Jack Kerouac and "On the Road!"

But, here is a list to help...

The colors that pair well with seafoam green include:
    • Lilac.
    • Coral.
    • Dusty rose.
    • White.
    • Taupe.
    • Salmon.
    • Tangerine.

BobboBass, Doug4321 and nonrappingJZ like this.
  9. I have one sea foam green guitar, a Brownsville (ironic, no?) electric 12-string ( I forget what model), bought as a Christmas present...

10. OregonMike

OregonMike

Jul 7, 2020
    Not sure where you're seeing seafoam green bodies, but I rarely see them. It's usually strats and sometimes teles. There are much worse colors IMO. Lol.

OregonMike

petrus61 likes this.
  11. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

Dec 27, 2002
    South of the USA
    DSCF7601.JPG
    I have to admit, I have one of those.. It was on some sort special, I think about $100... Haven't seen it last 4-5 years. It's buried somewhere in the room.

Spectrum and grrg63 like this.
  12. Doug4321

Doug4321

May 29, 2017
    Oregon
    Oh, the truth is starting to come out.

Just go ahead and admit you like seafoam.

13. TJL

TJL

Oct 22, 2013
    Better than the resurgence of the neon colors from the 80's.

Doug4321 likes this.
  14. How about this! 7004b15fed328405e58019fcaa5f895a.jpg

15. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

Dec 27, 2002
    South of the USA
    Nope. I buried that thing and never look back. Reason I got it was - friend of mine, guitar player, (who is dead now), total Strat guy decided to visit me in the States and never played Squier and I wanted to have surprise for him. He never came. Soon after, he got a sick and died. He was my best friend for almost 50 years. I got it for him as surprise...

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Mickp likes this.
  16. Something my Dad used to say..."hey, paint's cheap!"

17. Doug4321

Doug4321

May 29, 2017
    Oregon
    These pastel colors remind me of hamburger diners, puffed up cars, Buddy Holly, new chrome toasters and blenders, the Bossa Nova craze, the girl from ipanema, Frank Sinatra, polka dot dresses, highball cocktails, dads who smoked pipes, movies about space aliens.

Spectrum, Pimpernel Smith and DAVEYC like this.
  18. Frank Vozak

Frank Vozak Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL
    No commercial affiliation
    I gthink that were I to get asnothert bass seafoam green would be it

19. BigBottom61

BigBottom61

Apr 1, 2020
    Langley, BC
    I am waiting for my new Ibanez Talman TMB100M in Mint Green to arrive. I wanted something to offset my Olympic White Fender Jazz and my Jetglo Rickenbacker Ibanez Talman TMB100MMGR.jpg

20. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    upXJW1sl.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021