Shipping Internationally

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sharp, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Sharp

Jan 27, 2002
    Artists Relations, KMI
    So i want to ship an item to a buyer in the UK... does anyone know how to do that? also, whats the best way for him to pay me here in the states? does Paypal work internationally?

2. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I don't know the answer to the other questions, but paypal does work internationally.

Just it kinda sucks when paying for a Gotoh 206 bridge from there that the British Pounds are almost twice as much as a, maybe the other way around. Either way, I was paying more.
  3. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    The US Postal service is almost always (just "always" every time I've checked) the best way to go overseas. You can check rates at the USPS, UPS, and FedEx sites, though. But USPS has always been shockingly cheaper for me, and they're pretty fast (7-10 days), and it's always gotten there. (Based on about twelve experiences.)

PayPal works fine. Some buyers I've had want to wire money, but I've never let them out of some sort of superstition. They can send a check and it takes a week to travel by mail if no PayPal.
  4. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    THe absolute best method to ship a bass overseas is to have the neck and body shipped in two separate packages (assuming its a bolt on). I have had 3 basses shipped via USPS this way and have had no issues and never been stopped for customs duties / sales tax. I have also had a bass shipped in one piece and it was stopped by customs.

Basically you ship a neck and a body and label them as "bass guitar parts" and chances are you will have no problem. Even if you do, you are no worse off than shipping in one piece but the shipping cost is halved because the dimensions are so much smaller.