1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your compact pedalboard setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Wireless to amp definitely works. One of the guitar players in my band does that using 5.8ghz dongles with no issues.

I’m also using xsw wireless to get my mic to the board. It’s all been working great at rehearsal, I can’t wait to use the whole setup at a gig. As of right now it looks like it won’t be until mid March.

Das Jugghead likes this.
  2. The SubNUp is only offset because the input/output jacks don't quick line up the same as the other pedals.
    It's part of my custom floor sampler/effect processor.
    Making my own effect processor with stuff laying around

krdp_nsk and instrumentalist like this.
  3. Phaser, envelope filter, and octave pedal. All by EBS. I haven’t been able to get what I want out of the envelope filter but the other two are keepers.

9092DF57-55C4-4849-966F-16835401A728.jpeg

4. minimal

minimal Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    pedals.jpg
    I figured it was time to compact my board a fair bit and this is what I’ve gotten it down to. It may be small, but it's oh so very doomy.

OBNE Signal Blender
    Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra
    EHX Green Russian Big Muff Pi – Metal Zone (modded)
    Fortin Zuul - (Darkglass Element for headphones practice) - Orange Terror Bass - OBC115

I’m loving the variations of dirt and grit that I can get out of this relatively simple setup. The Darkglass AOU is pretty much an always on pedal while the Russian and Metal Zone are an either/or situation as things just get way too noisy with both engaged at once. The Metal Zone has been modded according to this video. I removed both the C35 and C24 caps to get rid of the mid and high frequency boosts. I do have a Life Pedal clone kit coming, so chances are the Green Russian will get replaced with that as between the two, the modded Metal Zone definitely wins out over the Russian. The Signal Blender isn’t necessarily needed here, but I do really like the ability to control the volumes of each channel to avoid big volume spikes when throwing on some more dirt.

5. Redid my Nano sized homemade board. Was a carpeted piece of timber but is now aluminium frame so I could get a battery underneath. Mooer Sweeper off, Envelope filter on. Can be power by Battery, or by a one spot. (power sockey is top right in the underneath shot.
    KwIvqNM.jpg
    sRv5DMs.jpg
    xZZ0267.jpg

6. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Slimmed down from this.
    20210110_141321.jpg

To this
    20210203_151251.jpg 20210203_151312.jpg

Made a mini version of my garage junk board in preparation for some up coming travel. I may make a second one for my gt1000core and an expression pedal.

7. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Down to three pedals.

CE3F62FA-3F32-464F-8FB0-FBBD9765CD23.jpeg

8. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nuage420 likes this.
  9. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Reddi is great and I used one for a long time. I personally think the khan is better and I love that it will mount to a pedalboard. Especially the new smaller version. I gigged the older one with the Noble for a while and my band mates all agreed it was much better live. Obeid is a great guy to deal with also.

Lovep likes this.
  10. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Man I’m loving my Messenger also. It gives me the tone control and clarity I’ve always wanted in a preamp.

cosmicevan and Lovep like this.
  11. realmacaroni

realmacaroni

Dec 28, 2019
    Pgh PA
    Mr. Business likes this.
  12. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    These are the most comfy skate shoes I've ever worn. I tried to get a second pair but they're LE and sold out in my size everywhere.

Mr. Business and realmacaroni like this.
  13. Jephmo

Jephmo

May 7, 2019
    Boston
    Went to a music store over the weekend that only sells pedals just to look around. 2 hours later, left with a few new pedals. Got a BYW Blacky Blower going into a Walrus Audio Julianna going into a Polytune mini and finally into a Strymon Nightsky. Everything is powered by an MXR Mini Iso-brick. The Nightsky was the biggest surprise. Never tried a reverb before and this pedal can do that and so much more. Haven't even scratched the surface. Can't wait to try the board out full-volume at practice tonight. 16124670578412252571979155282331.jpg

14. I reply to myself: No, it never f.....n' ends.
    IMG_20210204_085535.jpg

15. dmt

dmt

Apr 19, 2003
    Orbiting Sol
    Finally got this guy essentially finished this weekend. I still need to finalize the power cable wiring and straighten everything out, but I’m pretty psyched so I’m just gonna post it now. Most of this stuff is used, so I’ve been slowly putting it together as the pedals I wanted would come up for sale used locally. The crowning piece is the Mu-Tron that I just saw come up the other day and picked up Friday.
    C735F71F-C7B6-41C2-84A7-69223899EF84.jpeg
    This is for my practice room/studio setup, so the drum machine, looper and ABY are on there so I can put together a complete little rhythm track for ideas that I can then work over with other instruments or, of course, I can just play bass against the drum machine. Or heck, I can just quickly play guitar through my bass pedalboard for a change o’ pace — that’s what the ABY switch is for. I have a guitar sitting on a stand to the side and hooked up to the ABY switch so that I can pick it up at any time. Guitar doesn’t sound/feel the best through the bass amp, but it’ll do in a pinch and it works well for its main purpose — quickly adding a rhythm guitar part.

Anyway, this little pedalboard, a "kitchen sink-er" for sure :roflmao:, has been a fun project that took a long time to finally come together how I’d originally envisioned it. Metro 24 board, 1SPOT CS6 power supply underneath

16. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Since my other smaller board grew, I put this together. Modded eq, broadcast clone, way huge piercing moose clone and and Pete special vibemeister. All tasty on bass

AEAEDD09-841B-4A25-919B-6245F1273B4C.jpeg

17. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I'm very interested in that blower box. What are your thoughts on it?

Jephmo and Nuage420 like this.
  18. berman3313

berman3313 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    So, looking for some input - literally...
    Currently I have a DOD Meatbox in the last position - but since I recently changed output to SWR 400 --> 212 Genzler - thought I might solicit some thoughts about what to put last. Not too interesting in distortion, envelope or phase. So what haven't I heard that I should try??

Incomplete Board.jpg

19. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    20210207_153747.jpg
    I have the tuner and Hyper Luminal in FX loop 1 the Harmonic Booster and B7K in FX Loop 2 so I can place them anywhere I want in the chain. Generally loop 2 last so I can utilize the Darkglass cabsims. I have loaded 16 IRs into the available slots of the GT-1000CORE and am able to utilize them as well.
    Loop 1 is always on so I can monitor tuning and set the compression early. If I need any extra compression later I can add it in the Gt chain.

20. Chorus? Octaver?

frankzap, dmt, berman3313 and 3 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021