Show me your compact pedalboard setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 15, 2012.

1. How do you like that Boss compressor? I read that it is a dual band compressor but haven't been able to find any decent explanations on how that works.

2. berman3313

berman3313 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    You a stah! Made it into the Becos Twitter feed. Worldwide, baby!

3. Have you tried Ovnilab's writeup of the BC-1X?

Boss BC-1X

Das Jugghead likes this.
  4. expatmuso

expatmuso

Sep 3, 2015
    Just set up this board today. Sorry for the messiness. I think the last piece of the puzzle will be a tap temp for the DD7.

tempImage5lZICg.png

5. @ghorvers I like that you have the Okto-Nøjs. When I was just starting on bass I came close to buying one. I really liked it but I was naīve enough to think I'd never need the Nøjs (noise) part. :laugh:

How are you using it?

6. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
  7. ghorvers

ghorvers

Dec 22, 2005
    To be honest, I haven’t owned the Okto-Nojs for very long and have had no opportunity to use it in a band setting. But I like both the octave side and the noise side. And combined it becomes quite synth like, with plenty of grit if you want it. The C4 manages some very similar tones, but Does filters and more, so both are staying.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    instrumentalist likes this.
  8. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    BrentSimons and Spidey2112 like this.
  9. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Thanks! It would drive me crazy, if it weren't. This'll probably be the setup, for now. I still have to wire tie power cables, below the deck... baby steps.

BrentSimons likes this.
  10. I will now - thank you for the link!

stratovani likes this.
  11. Julian G

Julian G

Mar 16, 2017
    Dubai
    Feel like I've been talking forever about putting a pedal board together. With my TC Electronic BH550 I have been experimenting with different effects so had an idea of the sort of effects I might go for.
    So here it is my first pedalboard, fairly compact and loving the sounds I'm getting.

PDLB4.jpg

aidamos, krdp_nsk, cosmicevan and 5 others like this.
  12. Nice selections there. Might I suggest trying the Eden Wah before the other pedals and see if you prefer that.

13. Julian G

Julian G

Mar 16, 2017
    Dubai
    Thanks bassbrad, I'll give that a go. I don't use the Wah that often but its fun to play around with.

14. Diggin the Temple filling; never seen a Heroine before and hadn't heard of Shotmaker, very interesting and Deluxe seems very very versatile.

halech54 likes this.
  15. halech54

halech54

Jul 15, 2015
    Richmond VA,
    It's a super versatile pedal; the preamp sounds nice and has a little grit to it, but as you start to gain up the saturation it starts moving into fuzz territory. I keep it set at "low gain" and the other at "fuzz." With the high cut you can make it warmer and rounder sounding. The toggle switch in the center makes the signal either more open or compressed sounding. Can get some full sounding "Fuzz Face" type sounds or roll off the high end and use the compressed setting for more of a Big Muff kind of thing. Does a whole lot.

16. It's compact, but somehow I feel that the HX is cheating xDD. Anyway, here it goes

20210112_153015.jpg

The JHS is first in the chain. The good thing is that it has an XLR out that I can use to get just a clean sound. Then the HX stomp. The Ashdown OriginAL is in the effects loop. From the Ashdown I can get a dry signal (not affected by the preamp, but affected by the blocks of the HX) that goes to an amp (99% of the time, a backline amp).

The last two blocks of the HX are the Ashdown Preamp (FX Loop) and a cab simulation (so far, the 2x15 Brute). The whole signal goes to FOH via a jack-XLR adapter. Really happy so far (and the sound guy too, in the few gigs I had at least). I am still experimenting with the cab simulations because I'm not 100% convinced.

17. I have to say, this looks like exactly what I want!!! My beloved Ashdown vibe no matter where I go, and then the Stomp to dial in any and all effects as required. I would probably throw my Carl Martin compressor in front...just cos I love it so much, but it would be as near to perfect as I can get (well, today that is hahaha).
    The only thing that I am unsure of - having never had the opportunity to play with the Stomp, is how it would work before the OriginAL. I'm sure it would be spot on - but man, an FX loop in the Ash would make me get it today!!!
    or am I just being silly??? LOL

javi_bassist likes this.
  18. I'd love to have an FX loop on the Ashdown. But in this case, I run the Ashdown in the FX loop of the HX and it sounds perfect. I have also used with the preamp after the HX and it sounded great too.

With this setup I'm trying to replicate the tone I get from my Ashdown RM so that I don't really mind having my own amp on stage.

19. Like this board very much.:thumbsup: How are you using your Slow Engine? I’ve had it on my board for a while and enjoyed it for noodling around with it at home, but ultimately not found a application in the band setting I’m currently involved with. Also found that it didn’t jive well with my active basses.

20. Emulating that tone is exactly what I am after too.

Question regarding the Stomp's loop - I know precious little of the routing options with the Line 6 stuff, but how is it all mapped out? Are you using the DI out to the FoH from the Stomp or the Ashdown?

And thanks for the insights :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021