1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Show off your rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Presto2112, Jan 15, 2012.

1. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston
    Just unfamiliar with the line. Laney is a much-respected name . That's what you're here for. Edumicate us.

2. Flitske71

Flitske71

Jan 19, 2018
    Well, not a lot I can tell you except the price and the technical specs since I can’t compare to other rigs (Clearly louder and bigger than my TC electronic BG250-208 or my EBS Session 60, but I guess those amps can’t be compared anyway :) ) The main reasons I chose for this Laney amp was : 1. the price tag (The whole set costed no more than 1000 euro (around 1175 USD) which seemed quite a deal for such a rig. It’s surely loud enough to play together with 2 electric guitars and 1 drummer. 2. What’s also interesting is that the 500 Watt amp head is fanless, so it’s extremely quiet! I think this is one of the few amp heads available with such a power and without fans... at least I didn”t find any other. The Cabs are rated 200W RMS at 16 ohm (again something you don’t find that often...) for the 2 x 10 and 400W RMS at 8 ohm for the 4 x 10, both with switchable tweeter. I searched the internet for some reviews but I only found 1... so I took the risk and ordered the amp and cabs via internet without having the opportunity to test them first. Until now I haven’t been dissapointed :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    bassmike2010 and Stumbo like this.
  3. Here is my current Rig...

Mesa Subway D800
    FMC Audio 212H Ultralight
    Polytune
    SD StudioBass Comp
    VONG Filter (fiully adjustable HPF+LPF + adjustable Boost + Polarity Switch
    Eden WTDI (wich I only use as a 3-band EQ for my passive Yamaha Bass (BBG5)
    Lakland 55-02 Deluxe

...hope you like it.... I do :)

20180920-P9200300.

Crabby, Lovep, ccbass71 and 8 others like this.
  4. More FMC to come :thumbsup:

Light, powerful, quick-responding, fat... What else?

On the rack tray there's the StageClix Jack Wireless, the Mesa Subway DI and the Empress Compressor. The rest is done via the Helix. Top cab is a KME 208 (normal fullrange speaker) which is fed with the distorted signal combined with the IR. The bottom cab is an 118, with a 6 inch speaker as high-mid. It is fed with the clean signal through the compressor and preamp. I've never been so happy in my life concerning my sound.

IMG_20181121_213547. IMG_20181121_213437.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  5. Hi,
    Did you have a chance to try ultra light 12" or 10" from FMC? And generaly how would you describe them....completely neutral, slightly colored, very colored....and if colored in which direction...... HIfi, Jazzy, Rock
    Thanks

6. Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    scottm, G-Z, ccbass71 and 1 other person like this.
  7. That makes me miss my Neo 2x10. What a great cab!
    Happy Holidays,
    Brent

jake bassist likes this.
  8. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    dual stack Orange.

Orange is the new black.

9. Exactly..... that 210 is the only NEO cab I ever bought. Even the other models from NEO series were not distant seconds. And they canceled only 210!!! ,

BrentSimons likes this.
  10. I know! I never understood why although I think it didn't fit on the other cabs correctly except maybe the Neo 410? I never should have sold mine.

jake bassist likes this.
  11. Hi Mark,
    TH 500 is relatively neutral if you leave bass, treble at 12 and don't touch drive. Mesa is colored,but it's nice coloring. It is also frequency wise rather bass and lo mid heavy when everything centered at 12. So I use TH for higher end bass's with extended EQ and onboard pre and Mesa for simple Jazz bass. But both amps can overlap too, it's not so rigid.

12. 210 fits perfectly on 115 though I never bought it. Instead orderered 15 from one cab maker. Also 2 x 210 would fit perfectly.... if I could have ever found second one....

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  13. zon5string

zon5string

Aug 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    bass rig.

Wicked G, G-Z and Barbaric.Eric like this.
  14. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston
    Micing a GK Fusion/ Neo with a 57?

zon5string likes this.
  15. Andrew 17

Andrew 17

May 15, 2014
    Colorado
    Gallien Krueger 400RB amp (version 1, late 1980s) paired with a GK 210T speaker cabinet (early 1990s, I believe). Love this compact combo, that delivers punch, clarity, warmth, round tones, and generally high quality sound with surprising headroom for its size. IMG_0532.JPG

16. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Sweet!
    I had a 400RB, also the 200 and 800. Great amps and they sound good pushed just a little too. Even though the rubber feet on the amp don’t do much they do distribute some of the vibration to the corners of the amp where’s its sturdier and there may be less fragile internals. Probably not great to have it resting right on your cab..maybe get a piece of foam or something under there. It may not make much of a difference but it would make me feel better!

Admiral Akbar likes this.
  17. Andrew 17

Andrew 17

May 15, 2014
    Colorado
    These are great amps, indeed. Thank you also for the comment. Point well taken and input is always welcome. In this case, I always buffer the amp from the cabinet with a thick towel when I am actually playing through it. Had just brought it home from a rehearsal and had not yet fully set it up when I snapped the pic!

18. I've been experimenting lately. I'm running two amps. My Traynor YBA200-2 tube head through a Traynor TC410 Neo cab and My old '69 Ampeg BT25 through an old Yorkville 115 that I use as a wedge on stage. The last couple shows had no PA support so It helped out a lot and sounded great!

20181210_170940. IMG_20180730_203657.

G-Z likes this.