1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show Your Fender CS Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sneha1965, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Love that LPB... GAS!

2. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    That was just a joke. There's no current info.

3. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston

That's a LOTTO money to spend on a P bass. ;)

In this marked you could buy a REAL 60's P bass for less.

Direct from Fenders Marketing people...

Let's
    Offer
    This
    Terribly
    Overpriced

Precision bass.

I love Fenders as much as anyone, but why pay more for a "reissue" than the real thing. That's just nuts.

4. OK here's my opinion:

Lets see what everybody has to say about this....

I own a 71 Vintage P and 72 J and I must say the the Custom Shop basses I have:
    PINO-64CC-59CC-55NOS are far better playing and sounding basses.
    These are "crappy" basses compared to the CS quality instruments.
    Vintage for me means "between the ears" and Mojo....
    I think they are worth every Euro (or $) and are not overpriced at all.
    I also have some very expensive European basses which are fantastic but they don't sound and play like a Fender bass IMHO.

Cheers,

Theo

Ace Of Bass likes this.
  5. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston

How about comparing apples to apples?

A 70's Fender is a different animal than what your custom shop basses are trying to emulate, so it's not really a good comparison.

Your CS basses are based on Pre CBS models.

There was good reason people prefer pre cbs stuff to 70's CBS era instruments.

I'd take a CS. over any 70's Fender myself.

Now if you put the Pino up against a very good example of a 64 Precision, you may find that they are in the same league.
    Having talked to Pino owners (or people who have played one) ,who also own "the real deal mid 60's Precisions, it seems that one does a very good job of catching the vibe of that vintage Precision.

6. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :p OK, figured that out now.

:D Too true!

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I was waiting for you to post in this thread, Fender32.;) I love that LPB P!

Oh man, that's nice! I'm getting into the "dots and binding" look lately, and the Firemist Gold looks fantastic! I might get Lakland to build a Glaub for me like that.:ninja:

8. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    "Fender (Predictable) 32", as I am known to my friends :D.

You should! That would be a belter :eek:. Especially with those big (maple?) dots they use on the rosewood boards :smug:. Firemist Gold looks awesome in all the pics I've seen, but I've yet to see one in real life. Perhaps someone here has one that they can lend me for a week, or so ;).

9. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I see a new thread developing. Show your firemist basses. :)

10. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
  11. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Hah! And yeah, it would look great, I believe. I've never seen a firemist gold bass in person, either--next time I'm over at Lakland (location has its privileges :D), I'll ask if they've seen one. And indeed, they do use birdsye for the dots on the US rosewood boards.:)

12. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Let's keep on the topic of Fender CS basses. :D

13. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    This one isn't mine but I'm been thinking of pulling the trigger on it. :bassist:

03fenderjazzbassSonicBlueRelic.

14. Thats a killer looking bass! Do it!!!:D haha

15. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Someone here in TB land owns this same dots/binding sonic custom shop 66 Jazz. Greg here in Seattle had it, then it made the rounds to a few others, don't know who it ended with. I wanted it reeeeeeeeeeal bad!

16. I love those Fender 66' with bindings and dots! Anyone have one in white?

Can you order a 66' from Fender CS?

17. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I noticed this bass on a Germany site as well a few years ago. I though Station Music had it but upon checking their site, I did not see they were carrying Fenders there anymore. I may have the wrong shop in mind. Anyway, I have not seen the bound dot neck P here in the states. It's a great looking bass and with the new found passion in P basses, I think it could do pretty well.

18. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
  19. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    No, you were absolutley right - Station Music are (possibly) Germany's leading Fender Custom Shop dealer and the photos, which I posted earlier of the two Firemist Gold basses, both came from their website (http://www.station-music.de/).

In fact, they still have the Jazz Bass for sale.

20. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Wow, what a great looking bass! The '66 Jazz Basses with dots, binding, oval tuners, and a matching headstock are simply one of the classiest basses out there.:D