1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show Your Fender CS Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sneha1965, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Somebody should jump on this one over at Bass Central:

[​IMG]

2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    That looks freakin' killer!!!!!! :eek:

3. This is one of the pics of my 59 P-bass from Sweetwater before they shipped it to me:

My59CustomShop.

It's not so NOS looking anymore! I've yet to take pics since receiving it. Need to do that.

4. What is the difference with the CS´59-P and the 62 RI-P bass? I´m waiting for the 62 to come home this week but today I saw a used CS-59 for sale for just $300 more. I gues the 59 is better or is it apple and oranges?
    Nice to hear what you think. I can return the 62 RI for a full refund and thenI can buy the CS 59. But which are the better bass?

5. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007

6. The differences are pretty small, and smaller if you're getting it in Olympic White. If you're getting a Sunburst finish the CS finishes are nicer (brighter) and are 100% nitrocellulose. The AV RI 62 apparently has nitro over a thin polyurethane base. The rosewood fingerboard is nicer on the CS too and you get a quartersawn neck but that's just asthetics.

One advantage the 62 RI may have is a thinner neck (front to back) so if you prefer that shape that's a plus (and if you don't, it's not). I don't own a 62 but I've got a 57 RI and love the neck, and I've heard Fender uses the same profile for the 62.

Both are great P-basses. Wait until you get your 62 to decide but I suspect you'll be more than happy enough with it. :bassist:

7. Yeah, the CS 59 is sunburst and the 62RI is Olympic white. It would be cool to have a 59 P-bass hehe. But if the 62 "feels right" I go with that.
    But I have heard that with a 58 and a 59 P-bass you can manipulate the sound and it's really controllable basses in the studio. Maybe thats just old original basses and not CS? I wonder if the 62 is that also.

8. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    There is a 3T CS '59 RI going for $1600 on eBay right now. One just got away for the same price in Relic in MKW. To answer your question, I have played the '62 RI and own the '59 RI. They both felt good but the CS does have a better build quality. Also, if you go through basses like I do, you'll get a higher resale value out of the CS.

9. You have a good point on the resale value.