1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show Your Fender CS Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sneha1965, Mar 30, 2009.

1. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Because you can't get and won't get in contact with them unless you're a dealer yourself or as you mention deal with the clueless GC staff or Fender CS reps for that matter..... :rollno:

2. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I was able to call them when I couldn't get a dealer which sold the bass to me second hand wouldn't help. Contacted them diredtly and they put me in touch with a local guy who helped me out.

3. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    100_1422-1.

My 64 CS Relic

4. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    D Bopp that Jazz kills me every time I see it. Just what I want LPB matching headstock tort gaurd. Sweet!

5. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Nice specimen. :cool:

6. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Wish the Custom shop would offer another P bass.

7. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
  8. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
  9. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I've noticed the new Fender Custom Shop LOTTO '69 P-Bass Relic, '60s P-Bass Relic, and the Telecaster Bass N.O.S. offered through GC, 123 Music, and MF but nothing about them on the Fender web site. :confused: Has anyone played one of these? I love the looks of the Tele but the 6K is pretty scary.

10. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    What does LOTTO actually stand for anyway :confused:?

11. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    I think that they're leaving it to the Mexicans now ;) ("Road Worn" Series).

12. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Anyway, I suppose that I should post my pics here (although a lot of you will have seen them before).

I once owned all three of these ...

IMG_1636.
    ('55 Relic, '61 NOS & '59 NOS)

... but have since parted with the '55 (shame, it had more mojo than any bass I've ever picked up :bawl:).

IMG_0738.
    IMG_0713.
    IMG_0742.
    IMG_0728.
    IMG_0722.
    IMG_0727.
    IMG_0725.

Now, I just have the other two (ahh, poor old me, eh ;)?).

The Lake Placid Blue '61 is unlike any other CS P that I've ever seen. For a start, I didn't know that Fender had ever produced a specific '61 model, but clearly they have ...

IMG_1194.

It also has a fairly unusual (Indian?) rosewood board; quite pale, but with some very dark stripes ...

IMG_1294.
    IMG_1292.

Not to mention, the colour! LPB :smug:.

b05e20d5.

The serial number puzzles me a little :meh:. It has an "MGN" prefix, but as it came (pre-owned) from Japan, it may well be that it was built for a dealer over there (like the "Norms Guitars") bass earlier in this thread)!?

My favourite bass, above all others that I've owned (and that's quite a few ;)), is this one ...

7a6c0197.

It doesn't do anything that any other good P Bass can't do, but it just feels right and fits very well with my straight forward playing style (no "slappin' an' a tappin'" for me :().

Best of all though, it just has a really individual look - not something that you can generally say about a model of bass owned by about 40% of all bassists :D.

The Shoreline Gold colour is sure to age well (although it's a little on the silvery side at the moment) and this bass has a nice very dark rosewood board and a killer, Grade AA(?) flamed maple neck ...

24a705db.

Combined with the matching headstock (although it's a shame to hide that flame :meh:) ...

IMG_1675.

... and the, almost unique, pickguard (another TBer has a similar bass with an 12 hole guard), it really is a very distinctive looking bass. Mine's the one on the right ;) ...

59PBassNOSB. 59PBassNOS.

I recently sold off most of my basses, as quite frankly, I don't feel like I need anything more than this one P Bass :).

IMG_1679.
    IMG_1681.
    IMG_1683.

So, hope you enjoyed the slide show and potted history :p.

Now you can have your bandwdith back again :ninja:.

13. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I was drooling over the Shoreline Gold at Bass Central when it first came out. I would love to find a 66 P with paddle tuners and bound dot neck.

14. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    That's where I got it from, as you've probably guessed ;). Any idea how many were made? I only know of the two that BC sold, but then I live in Germany and don't usually get to see what's on sale across the US :meh:.

Re: the '66 P Bass. Mark Kendrick (of the Fender CS) produced this rather sexy beast, in Firemist Gold, which would satisfy your needs, I think :smug: ... if you happen to have a spare 5,000 Euros :eek:!!

66P.
    PBasspaddles.

15. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    That would do it. I also have GAS for this too. :eek:

03fenderjazzbassSonicBlueRelic.

16. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :smug: No problem, Sir! They also have that bass in "Jazzy Bass" flavour ...

66J.

This one is actually still for sale in the German shop where I saw the P Bass (no affiliation to me, BTW ;)).

17. xr75

xr75

Jan 2, 2007
    2006 Custom Classic Jazz

Attached Files:

18. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    hot :eek:

19. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I contacted GC customer support, got my ticket number, then received this email:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry.

This bass is brand new. It is so new in fact, we have no information it unfortunately. As soon as we do, it will be posted on the website. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate you choosing GuitarCenter.com

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/

866-498-7882"

20. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :meh: OK, so "LOTTO", in this case, refers to 'Lotto' (the national lottery)!? The way in which it was written (all in capitals), made me think that it was an anacronym of some sort :eyebrow:.

Sorry about the confusion, only I don't speak 'American' :p.

:bag: