1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Somebody stop me!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tommixx, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Just got in from a gig for a friend's wedding and guess what I find in my email?? The Sadowsky update link and this is on it..

d2853e8f.gif

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME I AM NUTS!! I was just sitting here thinking I have only had my Gold one for a little while....This one...

aeabcc47.gif

Wonder if Roger would trade me??.......That Vintage Blonde is EXACTLY what I wanted when I bought the Gold one!! I was inspired by this one...

9a432f7f.gif

What to do?? It is a little heavier than I would like but its so perfect otherwise...Swamp ash body and all!! What do you guys think? Keep Goldilocks or try to make something happen on the Blondie???

Peace,

T

2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    try to get what you want!

you'll be happy either way, but happier with what you reallyreally want.

might as well try, y'know?

3. :help:

Way ahead of you bro...I broke down and sent Kevin an email already!! LOL! It is a disease I tell you it is...there has to be a 12 step program or something, anything...

Its not that I am not happy with Goldilocks at all, she is a GREAT bass and I would not have any hesitation to keep her if it doesn't work out. I know from that one that the Ultra Vintage is definitely what I want! I still want an Ultra Vintage P to go with my J...Like I said, its a disease!! LOL!

:bag:

Peace,

T

4. lowstar

lowstar

Jul 3, 2001
    Schnitzelland
    blondie looks irresistible * drool *

dump goldilocks !

at least bass promiscuity doesn´t give you std´s !

cheers,
    lowstar

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

LOL. Too funny, T. As soon as I saw that bass I thought of u. Cant totally believe you want it. Give it a shot. Its only money, right? I love the white myself.

Rob

6. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    That new ultra vintage one in the latest stock update is the one i want too... but i'll settle for your gold one if your giving it away...:D

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    You're a sick, sick man. And I respect that.

I prefer the vintage white look, so, there ya go;)

8. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Sweet & sexy, try it and if you like it more than your Golden girl, buy it, money well spent is forgotten soon.

9. +1 Beautiful bass. I have an Olympic White (similar to the color of the bass you are considering)/RW NYC RV5 with tort guard, and feel that is one of the best color combinations out there for a vintage looking bass...

It's one of the few color combinations out there where everything seems to tie together.... the light part of the tort guard matches the body color and the top fretboard dots, the red part of the guard picks up the red tone of the RW fretboard, etc.... every piece of that bass blends into every other piece.

I'm on a little bit of a Sadowsky run myself... my Modern should be here within the month, and I think I'm getting ready to complet my Sadowsky collection with an NYC Standard (swamp ash/birdseye maple board/single coils)... that will give me quite a range of tones... from the more warm and vintage RV, to the aggressive, punchy Modern, to the more aggressive sound of the maple board and single coils.... pseudo 70's thing.

I've grown to really appreciate the .19 spacing with the 34" scale and lightweight, reduced size J body. The Sad's don't do the ultra aggressive 70's Celinder thing (I have that covered:D )... but they sure do everything else!!!!

10. I feel your pain.

A Sadowsky is at the top of my list for a bass I must try before I die. I'm really digging the Jazz bass sound right now and can't get the thoughts of a Sadowsky out of my head.

I say die happy! :D

11. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    that vintage white is very sexy.

12. I would go for the vintage white one any day.