1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Club - Part 69

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 3, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassmanc

bassmanc

Feb 2, 2008
    It sounds like you think it would. In my mind it's the best of both worlds.MM sound with more bite,but in a Spector body.You gotta cut the highs a little,but this bad boy will cut through anything!The pickup is a little different than I thought it was.It has a push/pull vol. and the single coil is towards the neck NOT the the bridge,which is good (so it'll give you some warmth with you pull it) it's my guess the poles are closer to the MM position when you pull it up.Just keep in mind the MM tone can be an acquired taste....

2. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    in, need to do a new fam shot

DSCN9016_zps2caa8181.

DSCN8836_zps4762e4f3.

3. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Same thing happened to me!

4. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    I use Dunlop formula 65 guitar polish & cleaner on the Ultraviolet (body and neck) and the Black Cherry (body and back of neck), Todd used a fiddle oil on the Pau Ferro board when he put the new strings on it for me...I forget the name of it but the board looks fantastic and I need to ask him what it's called so I can hunt some down!

Found my note card: Lewis Fiddlebrite Lemon oil, it's actual oil and doesn't have the additives that will cause damage.

5. bassboy01

bassboy01 SpectorWorld.com Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2003
    Oklahoma
    IN!!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:
    NS2PurpleDazeComposite_zpsfea2b78a. "] NS2PurpleDazeComposite_zpsfea2b78a. [/URL]

6. Jasonger

Jasonger

May 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Dayyyuuummm! Great bass Carlton.

7. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Now this one looks great!

Todd, I was going to ask....was it Lewis Fiddlebrite lemon oil that you like?

8. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    I always like a new thread...lots and lots of great looking basses everyone!

Here is a family picture of my Spector basses and the Ultraviolet at a show....very hot evening for a jam!

9. jay440

jay440

May 22, 2007
    Cleveland, OH.
    From Page 6 of Part 68...

IN on Part 69 (hehe), with Photographic Proof that it all went down, and splendidly!

[​IMG]

I made a Friend of one of my Heroes!

Such a cool, cool Cat. Picked him up from Akron/Canton Regional this past Friday, jammed onstage with him that night and he stayed at my place.

Maximus wouldn't leave him or his stuff alone.

[​IMG]

Richard did his Solo set, then the Big Jam with Jeff Hatfield (Guitar), DarkMatter/WhiteFire (Lisa Miralia [Elektronix] & Robert O'Lexa [Drums]), Rick Kodramaz [Primary bass] & Myself [Spector NS2-A & Computer Synthesizer Rig/FX comprising Emulations of an ARP 2600 and the XILS3, a VCS3 on steroids, the Monitor of which you can see off to my Left]

[​IMG]

My Bass Amp was the only thing not to get PA support due to some Technical Imperfections, so i ended up letting Rick rockin' it while I jammed the Noize...

[​IMG]

That's the only gig that I actually played with him, but for the rest of the Weekend my Task was to get him to Saturday night's Gig in Erie, PA, then back to Ohio Sunday Night to perform in the Percussion Room of the Oberlin Conservatory!

I took him sight-seeing Saturday Afternoon before getting on the Road for Erie...

[​IMG]

Back from Erie on Sunday Afternoon, I made him Breakfast back @ my place and then took him to Guitar Center to buy a copy of the latest Guitar Player because there's a review of his latest album - "Desolation Row" - on the First Page of Record Reviews (Get it & check it out!).

Then on the Road to Oberlin for his Duo set with Aaron Dilloway, a VERY nice Man in his own right.

Incredible Conversations with Mr. Pinhas over the entire Weekend while we did all of this. If anyone has pre-conceptions of the French being Rude & Aloof, he's NONE of that, despite the heavy Academic Background & having been a part of History, and not just Music History: Look into his Role in the May '68 Student Revolt in Paris.

We made History in Cleveland & a Spector NS2-A was a part of it. :)

10. Pietzsa

Pietzsa Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Orange, Texas
    Put my deposit down on my first custom US Spector. Here's the specs:

NS-5H2,
    BEM fingerboard with abalone inlays, bahama blue matte body, std string spacing, OBP3 preamp, and EMG PJ5 pickups.

Going for the NS2 in a US Bolt 5er. Biggest question I have is what is the normal wait process like? I don't want to pester the shop for pictures or anything but what is normal practice for communication on their end? It'll be my 5th Spector but my first that I actually spec'ed and didn't just buy out of an inventory. My Euro5 will have to placate me for the wait.

11. 5string_phunk

5string_phunk Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Very cool! I have to agree that it is the best of both worlds! I have always been intrigued by MM basses, but never found one that felt right. It's cool that they have the front coil as the single coil mode.

What pre did you choose for this build?

12. 5string_phunk

5string_phunk Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Good choice! That's going to be one sexy beast! I recently put in my order for a second US BO myself! :bassist:

I'd say you could expect delivery Apr/May of next year. You'll have to wait thru BPL and NAMM, which delays most everything until the shows are complete. It will be a tough wait, talking from experience, but it is more than worth it! :bassist:

13. bassboy01

bassboy01 SpectorWorld.com Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2003
    Oklahoma
    Yes it is.

14. Splods

Splods

Oct 7, 2012
    Adelaide, SA
    In with a crappy phone pic of my Jazz and my performer.

[​IMG]

Currently got chromes on my performer. They are pretty nice, but makes me regret having rounds on all my other basses.

15. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Always nice to see everyone's family photos! :bassist:

I'm waiting until the '79 Brooklyn NS-2 I just snagged from another Spector Club member arrives to take a new one myself ;)

Speaking of which, if anyone is looking to add another Spector to their stable I still have two available at pretty killer prices: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/bass-fire-sale-1019870/

16. Zitch

Zitch Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    In with my one and only now.

Attached Files:

17. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    I never grow tired of that spalt!

18. johnsonabq

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Wow... It's like a stealth bomber. Cool!

19. johnsonabq

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hey Todd, that color is really starting to grow on me. Nice!

20. It's not often you see a US NS with a solid colour finish! Too cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.