1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Club - Part 69

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 3, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basstovsky

Basstovsky Stuck on those 4-strings Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Black and Maple!!! :D

If they offered it stock in that color, I might have been forced to get one.

2. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    What's funny is that Rex prefers the TonePump @ 100%. He seats the pups as low in the body as possible. He also says that in doing so you hear more of the wood tone from the bass. That white Euro4LX is stock. Other than the fact it is white with black hardware. He picked up one of the white LE models at NAMM this year.

3. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Sexy!!!

4. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Thank you! I didn't happen overnight... but after a few dozen it started coming together. Ive shot over 200 Spectors in my studio now.

5. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Ah... The Black Pearl... it's got many admirers. The very first Spector in the history of the company to have Black Pearl crown inlays & be given a proper name (like a person) by Stuart.

It's a special bass and the pride of my small collection.

6. spector_boogie

spector_boogie No Limit Honky

Apr 15, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    Looking at Brownie he ran both the T and B levels at almost 100% on that thing too. He I guess needs that boost to help get his attack and grind across.

7. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Congrats! We have a whole house full of boys here as well

:bassist:

8. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Congratulations poppa!!! That's so cool!:cool::hyper:

9. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    NICE! They really should offer more variety in the Rebops - there are 5 different Legend colors in stock and yet only 2 for the Rebop DLX and 1 for the MM.

That blue on the MM is pretty sweet but a Walnut or Amber would look pretty sweet. And I normally don't like Black, but put a maple neck on it and I change my mind right away! :D

10. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    yup, that is exactly why I run my TP at ~60-70%, that starts you off with a nice grind. i always describe the TP as a tube amp of preamps. When you have it cranked it really is reactive to your right hand, especially pick attack. I would really like to give a EuroLX another shot, but I just don't need any more basses at the moment. lol

11. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Congrats!!! That's a power trio!

12. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Feeling a little guilty as I pulled out my G&L L1000 for worship today. :eyebrow: I haven't played it much since I got my NS2A. I just put strings back on it last night. I have to admit it sounded pretty good with the MDF pick-ups and maple neck. It wouldn't replace my Spector but made me think maybe a Coda or any attempt by Spector at some sort of P-bass could be in my distant future. But it would have to wait until after my future Euro or another NS2A first.

13. puremetal33

puremetal33 ...beware the Hammer of Thor

Apr 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Who's the preferred Spector dealer of choice around these parts? Bass San Diego doesn't carry Spector and I'm GASing like a mofo looking at all these pictures! Might be time to put a deposit down on a US model :bassist:

14. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    I use Todd Cooke at the Guitar House of Tulsa, they have a site at www.guitarhouse.net or you can call the store at 918-835-6959...or...You can email Todd at Todd@guitarhouse.net

Hope this helps!

15. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    This mornings band...no drums, no keyboard...AND a Surprise bass solo revealed to me during warmup:eek:. Lol BUT me & my Spector Coda 5XL Jazz bass became the only rhythm section and pounded out the beats flawlessly!:bassist::bassist::bassist: People came up to me after the show with congratulators for a great job and enjoyed my bass solo.:)

Oh, almost forgot...I was contacted last night to join together with a guitarist to write and record some new songs. I've played with this guitarist in our band when we had him fill in a couple of times. Excited about this project. :bassist:

16. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    I also highly recommend Todd Cooke. I got my NS-5XL from him (see avatar) and will soon receive my NS-2. He's a Spector expert and has a great relationship with PJ and Spector. Great guy and will always be there for you from putting together the order through to the delivery and after.

Guitar House

17. puremetal33

Apr 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Awesome, thanks guys! I will drop Todd a line!

18. spector_boogie

spector_boogie No Limit Honky

Apr 15, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I've used Bass Central for a few Spector orders and all has been great. But I'll most likely give Todd my biz next time around.

19. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    There are many happy Bass Central customers around here. I just think that Todd can give you more personalized attention and that's important when you lay out that kind of money.

20. puremetal33

Apr 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Just dropped Todd an email to get the specifcs. Here's what I asked for:

NS-2 w/9V Pre (seems to be standard)
    BEM fingerboard with black inlays
    Black hardware
    Either high gloss trans black or "steelburst" (will decide between the two once I have an idea of upgrade cost).

Why the hell not, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.