1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Club - Part 69

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 3, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    There were two prototypes, BTW... one in black cherry burst gloss - the standard ReBop finish... the other in a stealth, matte black like Mike Kroeger's basses.

I really pushed for the matte black color. In the end, it's honestly all up to PJ. And he wanted to offer a blue black matte finish.

I am a black guy personally. I mean The Blue Dream is amazing and my Water Cured Redwood is amazing. But The Black Pearl is still my favorite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    +1000% Todd is a great guy, very straight-forward, honest and helpful.

3. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    I actually prefer the gold traditional NS-2 hardware with the BEM models. The finish on the BEM necks ends up a golden color... and the brass/gold bridge really makes it pop.

I love both the transparent black and steelburst finishes.

This is the Black Pearl... a studio shot and then a composite shot to show you how the grain looks without any light reflections.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------
    And this is the bass I have on order (it is a photoshop job done using Quintin Berry's Steelburst Signature Model that I shot photos of this time last year).

It'll be the second NS-Neck-Thru USA with the single MM pup, the first 4-string. I know mine should be ready soon for Carlton ordered his about a month before I ordered mine.

[​IMG]
    I haven't bothered Stuart because I know how busy he is... but I know it's being built and I'm hoping it'll be ready by Bass Player Live next month.

4. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    Have you guys seen this? I'm not sure I would want to treat my spector that way, but it's interesting.
    http://youtu.be/s8OYeN9mAL4

5. puremetal33

puremetal33 ...beware the Hammer of Thor

Apr 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I love the look of both finishes. It will be a coin flip for me deciding which way to go.

I'm just not a big gold hardware guy, especially if I go with the steelburst. I'm tempted to order black hardware for my black cherry Euro 4LX TW even just because I love the look of it so much. Just a personal preference, I think the gold hardware looks stunning with the natural finishes and some of the colors, just like the black with black/gray and red. :)

6. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Pretty cool! Never heard of that before..

7. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'd love to see my NS-5XL in a composite shot. That's cool.

8. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    I have had the 9v in Iris running for close to 4 months and its the same battery that came with it, Scarlet has been running for 3 months on the same battery that came with it....I play almost every weekend and practice during the week, hope this helps!
    I'm positive Todd will assist you in choices to make that will fit your needs and fit your budget, this is great and I wish you the best on your build plan....oh, if you want the Spector sound and need to review some options Sam has different recording that can assist.

9. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    I use rechargeable 9v batteries... I use INDUSTRIAL quality... get them at a camera shop...

I have to take them out and recharge them only once every 6 months. For the 18v NS-4 I only have to do it once a year.

10. Jepus

Jepus

Apr 1, 2004
    Edinburgh
    I've never considered a Spector Bass before but that BEM board on the NS2 is freaking beautiful.

I'm gassing pretty hard, too bad there's nowhere around here that carries them so I can try one out.

11. Wow. I wish the red on my 06 ReBop was THAT vivid! Mine's more like a dulled out burgundy.

Now I REALLY want to refinish my ReBop!

12. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    Just.. Look at it. It's mesmerizing. I want it. So much.

13. Betrayer_Bass

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Thanks dude! :)

14. Profania: great track, very nice Spector tone going on there. i really enjoyed listening. Good buildup :)

15. Betrayer_Bass

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Thanks very much! :)

16. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    I like the BEM board on the Ultraviolet NS2, looks great and the sound is wonderful. You might try the Spector webb site for dealer locations or you can email PJ for assistance at pj@spectorbass.com

17. spector_boogie

spector_boogie No Limit Honky

Apr 15, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    Do you have a GC close? Check their site for used gear and see if any are in stock. Or some are still Spector dealers so never know!

18. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    You'll need a USA Spector Dealer (I don't mean location ;)) in order to see a new NS-2.

19. Jepus

Jepus

Apr 1, 2004
    Edinburgh

Closest GC is thousands of miles away I'm in the UK!

20. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Do you have 'Bass Direct' or 'Absolute Guitars' close to you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.