Squier 5 string Pbass pu recommendation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by milesdavisblue, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I have Fender American pups in my Squier P5 but i’m strongly considering getting a pair of barts

2. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    No need for concern, that's not how pole pieces work: the magnetic field is continuous.

There may be routing needed though, since the BL design has two equal sized housing pieces.

jallenbass likes this.
  3. Just the 60's p. It's a really full and smooth pickup. Hard to compare to the original Lakland pickup because the Lakland pups had died but I'm really happy with the Aguilar.

What happened for me on my Lakland is the pole pieces on the a string overlapped. This made the a string louder than the other strings no matter what adjustments I made. It has to do with the bass having routing that fits a traditional p pickup, but it is expected that pickups will follow a 3 + 2 pattern.

MoeTown1986 likes this.
  4. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Interesting.

My only experience with that pickup is on a four string P, and the response was more even than any other P bass I've ever played; I didn't even notice the odd number of pole pieces at first.

5. Bassmanbiker

Bassmanbiker

Sep 29, 2005
    You can Buy them at Bass Parts Resource.

6. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta

sorry to bump this old thread, but I was wondering if the bridge you have on the bass pictured was a direct replacement and if so where did you get it?

7. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021