Squier Classic Vibe Club (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bitzie

bitzie Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    I think I just used 800? Something like a new green Scotchbrite should work fairly good as well.

Hotwater84 and heb9_28 like this.
  2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Rob Thorn, one of Fender's Custom Shop master builders, proffered up this non-permanent solution for a sticky, glossy neck at 11:17…

Hotwater84 likes this.
  3. Thank you good sir!

Malak the Mad likes this.
  4. Malak the Mad

You're most welcome! dlakWFh.gif

If you give it a whirl, please let us know how it works out for you.

5. Was doing a little more digging and some folks recommended using a scotch brite pads 7448 there’s a whole bunch of different “grits” I can’t find the thread again.

6. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Where is the cool looking mirror pickguard?

I recall the CI Sig p has pretty punchy bite P vibe than any china CV and Sig P. I been try load the pickup direct to jack on my CV60 p, yes, she punch, but not close to CI P. Duncan P is the magic, unique and unsell separately.

Put side by side, this CI P just look like pricy Fender Marcus Miller J while hang on the wall at Guitar Store.
    Meanwhile, put along with surf green Mark Hoppus J , the J look like cost less bass guitar to me.

shojii likes this.
  7. Brkls

Brkls

Oct 21, 2018
    It's the reason why i bought it.
    Great look and great feel really

8. Brkls

Brkls

Oct 21, 2018
    Bought it used and the OG pick-guard was already gone. Pick-guard and electronics where very damage. Had to change everything. I ordered a tortoise PG which i think will look even better then the mint green.
    I'm honestly surprised at how good the stock pickup is. You can found them for sale on Reverb from time to time.

Yahboy likes this.
  9. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    I also love the look on my previous CV60P with mint pickguard too. She has Avri 63 look but poor man version. Just like first batch sonic blue P after chrome cover install.

I believe install a larger CV chrome bridge(for for CV Himass bridge ) then your CI P just look like Fender Custom Shop.

Brkls likes this.
  10. Malak the Mad

If Old Gregg is fine with doing something more permanent, then Old Gregg can do what he pleases with his own instruments while enjoying a soft, creamy Bailey's. :roflmao: ;)

shojii and Hotwater84 like this.
  11. Duuuude! I’m glad someone finally recognized my avatar!! Your the man!! :roflmao::D

12. Malak the Mad

We're not all savages here! Now, let me know when you're ready to bring the Sea-Funk!! :bassist:

shojii and Hotwater84 like this.
  13. Donnix82

Donnix82

Nov 26, 2016
    I would think it is similar with the Tim Armstrong signature in that it is considered to be a classic vibe. They are both based off of 70s Precisions and the the quality is the same as the 50s and 60s CVs.

Brkls likes this.
  14. Malak the Mad

Perhaps, if they were made nowadays, but @lowdownthump is correct that the Aiken-sigs were made at the Indonesia factory at the same time the CV's were manufactured in China. Though to be fair, I had to do some digging to confirm it. That hi-mass, brass-saddled bridge one normally finds on the first-gen CV's got me thinking it was from the Chinese factory, too. (I'm primarily a Jazz-guy, so Precisions aren't my forte. :whistle:) Still, a good bass is a good bass, no matter where it was made.

lowdownthump likes this.
  15. Brkls

Brkls

Oct 21, 2018
    Not familiar with this model, will have to look it up.
    CV and VM are fine instruments that for sure

lowdownthump likes this.
  16. Malak the Mad

I'd say real. From what I've seen and read over the past ten years of researching bass-stuff, Chicago Music Exchange has frequently worked with Fender/Squier to create several Factory Special Run (FSR) instruments. They also seem to be very "bassist friendly" with their choices, so that's pretty cool of them.

Yahboy likes this.
  17. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    But.... The problem is not as described as image shown.
    Let's check the truss rod placement.....

IMG_20210721_085730.jpg IMG_20210721_090639.jpg

18. P Cheen

P Cheen Chelsea Blue is the colour! Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    Yahboy and Malak the Mad like this.
  19. Malak the Mad

Yeah, I saw that and was a little intrigued. I'm no expert, but I can't think of a single Squier that has truss rod access at the heel. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when they're finally released.

Sadly, their Squier FSR's seem to only consist of P-basses, Mustangs and a couple of Broncos. <sniffle> No Jazz basses… :crying:

Yahboy and P Cheen like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021