1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stolen 1956 Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Michael Ray, Nov 10, 2016.

1. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    I never take a check for anything I'm selling from anybody. My bank once told me a check can come back unpaid months after it has "cleared".

2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Isn't fraud perpetrated over the internet a federal crime? If so call the FBI. They can find her...

3. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Listen if it's harsh, I can't apologize for someone getting not using Google or trusted money sources. COD for a 18000 bass? Music stores don't do this why would you? Roger had a point get the FBI involved. I've been ripped off before and it sucks, get law enforcement on your side. But damn it's 2016, be informed and use common sense.

4. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    Wow.. Even if it was a deal at $10k. I'm sick over this and it's not my stuff.

5. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    grabbing and squeezing face palm.. aaahhhhggg

6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    These guys might be able to help. They are in your area I believe.

MV5BMjI0OTUxMzcxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzAyNTMxNDE@._V1_.

7. Admiral Akbar

Admiral Akbar

Mar 12, 2013
    New York
    This is making me so friggin sick.

Yeah the OP screwed up, and shoulda coulda woulda used PayPal, Google, etc...

But come on, it's disgusting someone ripped off a musician of a $10,000+ vintage instrument. I can't stomach people. Absolutely unconscionable!

8. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Gotta say that I hate the fact that the OP was badly ripped too....

However, sometimes you reap what you sow....

Not the brightest move ever...Was It?....

9. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Sometimes I hate this site...kick a guy while he's down, people! Pile on! He won't regret his decision unless you really rub his nose in it! :thumbsdown: :banghead: :rollno:

DiabolusInMusic and pmcd like this.
  10. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Hate to see someone get ripped off, not cool by any measure. Also gotta take your lumps, makes you and other people stronger and hopefully not make a mistake like this again.

11. Major bummer sorry man. I hope it doesn't end up in someone's hands who doesn't know what it is and messes with it

12. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    She is likely going to tell you her account was hacked. I figured something was fishy because shortly after the OP posted his first message with the link to the FB page, the account was shut down. I see that it is back up now, they probably had to shut it down to deal with the hacker who probably used her account to initiate this transaction and perhaps others.

I highly doubt the real person knows anything about this transaction other than being contacted by you and/or the OP.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
    DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  13. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes, although it seems the perpetrator was known to her if you look at fb page. We've also been contacted by her.
    Upon investigation, I'm fairly satisfied it was indeed not her so I'm going to remove name / fb link for now.

OP, if ANY evidence comes back to light that indicates this isn't the case let us know.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  14. Michael Ray

Michael Ray

Nov 10, 2016
    Done. . .thanks

15. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar It Don’t Mean A Thing...

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    Mike - did you ever get it back from that store owner?!?!?!?

16. jackn1202

jackn1202

Feb 14, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Still missing? Whole thing makes me sick :vomit: