Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread, Part 90: Maxed Out

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Korladis, Apr 3, 2014.

1. El_Charro

El_Charro

Aug 11, 2020
    ————-
    Thank you both for sharing...I have never taken roids, but I’m usually pretty much a peaceful person and I have definitely have had those days where I’m stressed out and have been hitting the weights a lot and have completely lost my temper over something minor, so I can at least relate somewhat to the feelings you are describing where you snap for no real reason and it feels like you start to lose control...

Also-(Please don’t misunderstand me)-Certainly not trying to judge anyone bc I have done all sorts of stupid $h-t with my body over the years just bc that wasn’t one of the things I’ve tried...I fortunately live someplace where weed is legal and medicating myself definitely helps me feels less aggressive...

Am still disappointed I never got to see Type O live...Am guessing that would have been a phenomenal show especially around the time they had October Rust under their belt...I got into them mostly bc Blood & Fire was on the Mortal Kombat soundtrack (Along w Gravity Kills, KMFDM, Fear Factory, and a whole bunch of 90s Industrial type bands)...

Come to think of it-I think that was technically the first Metal album I ever owned...I remember putting it on really loud one day when I was 15 and no one was home...If I remember right there was a Napalm Death song on there that scared the [email protected] out of me (seriously thought Satan was gonna come thru the stereo)...

Definitely one of my gateway drugs into harder music (watched the MK remake this weekend and wasn’t a bad film, but it did make me wish they had a similar soundtrack to the new movie)...

Thanks! \m/

ConfoundedBridg likes this.
  2. Oh, good. Nothing I need! I have 2 410 Neos, and if I were to get another GK cab it'd be the Neo 112 so as to be somewhat quieter.

3. br1qbat

br1qbat

Aug 22, 2017
    Marysville, MI
    If any peeps out there in Colorado looking for an Orange AD200b and/or an 8x10, I see hardtop has his up in the classifieds.

hardtop likes this.
  4. djciano

djciano

Aug 11, 2011
    Smyrna, TN
    I’ve been silent a while... but i did nab this!

With Covid, the medical field being what it is, Dave’s surgery, Dave’s baby, and some other projects, looks like we’re back on track for an Old Science EP/vinyl!

4 or 5 songs, some interludes, and eventually a DAMN DRUMMER, and we’re back in business. This is either going to kill me or it’ll be the best thing I’ve ever had a hand in.

Hope y’all are well!

5. hardtop

hardtop Supporting Member

Thanks for the mention. It's a gnarly rig, hope I find a good home for it.

xJasonSmithx likes this.
  6. jetbike

jetbike

Apr 2, 2011
    Sydney, 'Straya
    20CFF0B1-0548-4EA2-A765-553D30E1046A.jpeg F3DE6EBF-8B5A-48B0-B004-3E9266C0A100.jpeg

Novarocker, El_Charro, thombo and 3 others like this.
  7. El_Charro and br1qbat like this.
  8. JBOWLES

JBOWLES Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Kentucky
    I’m going to lose a lot of my Doom cred, if I had any before. I’m lost on who it is, but I do like the rig quite a lot.

br1qbat and ConfoundedBridg like this.
  9. jetbike

jetbike

Apr 2, 2011
    Sydney, 'Straya
    It’s me.

ConfoundedBridg and JBOWLES like this.
  10. JBOWLES

JBOWLES Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Kentucky
    Nice rig! How about the board to your left?

El_Charro likes this.
  11. I guessed that! What do I win? :)

scabpicker likes this.
  12. jetbike

jetbike

Apr 2, 2011
    Sydney, 'Straya
    My semi-permanent admiration.

instrumentalist likes this.
  13. jetbike

jetbike

Apr 2, 2011
    Sydney, 'Straya
    As if I’ll let you see that!!!

br1qbat, ConfoundedBridg and JBOWLES like this.
  14. The mystery begins :eyebrow:... I for sure see a swollen pickle

15. Anybody have experience with the dunlop mini bass wah? Is it any different from the full sized one sound wise?

Also what are y'alls preferences, wah before or after dirt?

16. Still loving my Swollen Pickle a few months later. Not quite my Pharaoh Supreme, but dang close and a lot cheaper!

17. oZZma

oZZma

Sep 13, 2018
    Italy
  18. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

Oct 16, 2012
    After overdrive, before fuzz.

19. cornfarmer

cornfarmer jam econo

May 14, 2002
    I forgot I even owned one, but would always run mine after any dirt/fuzz.

I've used the full size and mini, and I kind of prefer the way the big one feels under my foot. The mini is a bit too positive/springy, 1st world probs, yo.

20. Would you say they sound the same?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021