Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread, Part 90: Maxed Out

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Korladis, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Joyo voodoo octave fuzz ordered let's see what it does with the bass vi.

2. I have an american deluxe jazz that I got in 2002 or so. Good bass. my main player till I got a 5 string.

3. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Tornado sirens are blaring across the city!

Like the gods sounding off the horns of war.

Edit: wow how American I had to hide I grabbed a set of clothes all my cash and my gun. Was supposed to go to a down stairs persons place but didn't know which door so me and this girl took shelter in some other girls place for the storm. Our apartment got a few pebble hails but around is felled trees and cars and buildings full of holes.

4. Wow excellent opportunity, did your try the it's the end of the world so we should have sex while we still can...

5. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Did everyone cuddle in the bathtub?

6. dunwichamps

dunwichamps Commercial User

Jul 23, 2012
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
    Its a regular LTPI you would see any Fender or Marshall but just a few different component values for the tail part of it.

7. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Hey askrere, I made the box for shipping the Ibanez. Going to pack it up and ship it out tomorrow.

IMG_20140403_164108662_HDR_zpsvcpwtlis.jpg

8. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    No go there lol the one girl had cats and the spent the entire time running around afraid of them. I sent the scaredy cat home and left to go wander around and look at the damage and got caught in another storm and had friend I knew to be coming home from work that instant pick me up and drop me back off.

9. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Is that table massive or is that box the size of a violin! And thanks for the quickness, take your time if it's inconvenient.

10. These are the tones you are looking for...

[​IMG]

I picked up the VHT. Got a great deal on it, and it sounds killer with guitar. So with the new pick ups installed in my P bass I gave it a run through my DuallyT. Sick tone with this rig. All tube grind, old school cab tone with the tweeter off. This rig would be loud enough for a blues lawyer gig. As you dime the volume it is all S/D tone though.

11. Dig the looks of that VHT!

12. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    It's one of the work benches out in the shop at work. The box is about 18" x 48" x 4.5".

13. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    I agree what model is that? It would look nice on top of my dually.

14. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    cab shuffle:
    Sold off my Avatars (212, 210).
    Building 2 new 115's.

picked up this piece of junk off of CL for $30. 15 and horn. 52lbs. I think 32 of that is the horn. big, heavy, metal horn. Weird tiny top shelf port vented out the top. port goes all the way back to within an inch or so of back. Sounds surpringly good. Just need to fix the grill rattle. Probably going to gut and refurbish this and use it as a guinea pig for my new cab ideas eventually. It looks like the whole thing is screwed together. I'll fix that. dowel it all after gluing it. For now I'll just use it for practicing in my office.
    junkcab_zps418cca8f.gif

I was going to try and snag this too but haven't heard back. I'm betting it's long gone. The ad was 7 hours old when I emailed last night.
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/4404557231.html

15. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    That's what need. I got mine for less than that and stupidly sold it, but it was $100 from $10 so hard to say no.

16. Was chilling and punching cones with a local stoner rock band at the rehearsal studio last night. Go by the name Arrowhead. Really top blokes and they pump out some seriously good tunes.

Turns out they're supporting Monster Magnet tonight in Sydney. Didn't even know Monster Magnet were even in the country. Gonna pop in and show both bands some love.

Here's some of Arrowhead's tunes. Solid stuff. http://arrowheadrock.bandcamp.com/

Rain Wash Me likes this.
  17. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

So, I just got the test master of the Catapult record. I'm not as dissatisfied with the sound as I was, but I'm still not completely satisfied.

18. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Nifty. How loud would you say 6 watts is cranked into the dually?

19. It is pretty sexy looking! 6 watts. Hand wired, p2p in China. No Dunwich, but hard to beat for the price.

This is the "Special 6".

With the gain boost it is too loud to dime in my apartment. It's not huge in its output, but it let's you know it is an all tube amp. The Dually is pretty efficient, but I will probably end up with a vertical 412 using the tonkerlites which are even more efficient in the gui**** frequency range.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021