Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread, Part 90: Maxed Out

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Korladis, Apr 3, 2014.

1. DethByDoom

DethByDoom

Sep 23, 2012
    Houston,Tx

That's crazy. We just got misty rain and fog.

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    We'll I officially no longer own the RD. It's on its way to RI for a new home.

EGC, making my other instruments obsolete.

3. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    can you post what you got for it? or PM me the amount, i may sell mine at some point and just wanna see what the market currently is.

4. DethByDoom

DethByDoom

Sep 23, 2012
    Houston,Tx
    I learned back up vocals by playing/singing to bad religion, misfits, and pennywise. Downside, if its not punk style or the occasional yell/growl I'm screwed.

5. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Guess my friends dog ran out got bonked on the head by hail had a seizure then walked back in like all was fine.

6. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Then you gotta fear jack the ripper

7. Made these a while back, figured you guys would like them... ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396582732.398994.jpg

Also made this pretty cool phone wallpaper...
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396582756.910875.jpg

8. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Nice! I just picked up a neck for my black P/j body. Will bring that back to life. Going to do something different this time. Thinking dummy jazz pickup (p only), volume only and matching headstock. The headstock part will be tough. Rosewood board this time too

HPIM0707.gif

9. Man I would be tempted to search out some Geezer Butler P/J's if you have the time and scratch to find them.

10. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Well I had a pj since day one and never really got into it. Plus it had a stack knob control layout like a vintage jazz bass that wasn't really my thing. I really prefer one or the other. Just p bass or full jazz. My buddy has a older EMG, I might pop that i it. This bass will probably be used for the metal band. I do like those geezer clips that jimmy m put up. But they do still sound a bit like the 62 p he has and I did not like that pickup at all when I had one. He also has a older schaller (dimarzio clone) I can peep. If I don't like either of those I have a very short list of p pups I want to try.

11. Sabbath was AMAZING last night! Ozzy was surprisingly awesome. Lot's of energy and his vocals were ON. The band was smokin'. Bill who???

40YearOldBassVirgin likes this.
  12. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Why not get a new guard cut and make that a jazz bass in p form?

13. Or route it for double P.

14. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Finally got to noodle on my rig last night! Been too long with headphones.
    Found the perfect harmony with my new Ashly compressor in the effects loop of my IOD, had only run it after the preamp output in the past. Much smoother even if I have to boost its input gain a bit. Getting to be pretty happy with the combination. The whole getup through my fearful needs a tad more low mids and less sub bass but I think I can get that with a mod to my IOD. Just not sure I can DIY it at home with my 3 year old running about. Suppose I need to find a good tech.

15. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    +1 so much P you think it might have diabeetus.

16. Sexy PJ!!!

17. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Is your EGC pretty heavy comparable to other basses?

18. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Good morning and happy Friday, everybody. About half of my department is out today for various reasons, no vendor meetings, looking forward to a nice, quiet day at work.

19. diabeetus.jpg

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021