Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread, Part 90: Maxed Out

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Korladis, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    I've found it sounds good on bass in my ears, but needs to be loud in a loud amp. At apartment levels it doesn't have much going, nor the fab tone for bass. Never used the daddy-o for guitar, but in highschool I'd put my strat into my fabtone into a rage 158 the plug a pair of big headphones from the 70's into it and put a dollar store mic into the two shells into my netbook as my night time practice/recording rig lol

The bronco with the daddy-o into my gk mb500 into peavey black widow cab was yummy. Daddy-O Volume and gain to taste with no treble max mids and bass.

2. Ok good to know. Less interested then.

3. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    They sound great solo in all the clips I've heard. Kinda post-nu-metal mid scoop thing. The mid scoop doesn't seem too drastic though. I expect they'd work fine if you have a cooperative gui****.

4. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Good to know, I'm going to wait for a day or so. Got an ebay auction ending this afternoon - if I don't win that I may consider the daddy-o.

5. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Why would it be in Off Topic?

We're talking about bass, amp, pedal, band, humor (well, not me, as I have no sense of humor), gig, and bassist related stuff. I can see maybe putting it in Misc., but Off Topic?

Go back to Off Topic, if you like it so much. Actually, why don't you marry OT if you love it so much?

comatosedragon likes this.
  6. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

If it's a used one, yeah, I wouldn't be interested, either.

They do a lot of custom stuff, though, so would probably build you what you wanted.

That said, so would Dunwich.

7. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Today is my boss's last day. He's been here for 30 years and is finally moving on. Basically the entire department is going to the bar after work. The booze will be flowing.

8. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Cleaning the place up today, getting hw done for tomorrow project completion then study for a test Sunday and Monday. Relax all week and work the weekend I can suffer that.

These next few weeks all my gear should be streaming in and I need to make way. I got far too much crap for a 1 bedroom apartment.

9. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Any of yall ever heard of The Feelies?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI9Z4hb8fbc

I guess Weezer ripped their cover art from them.
    Pretty cool stuff. I really enjoyed it. No fuzz all jangle. It doesn't sound like Weezer.

10. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Kung Fu movies and beer tonight. Dave and Busters tomorrow night.
    Have a good weekend fellers.

11. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu All you need is fuzz.

Apr 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Bar tonight, too, with some friends for the mrs' b-day.

12. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu All you need is fuzz.

Apr 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Or we can discuss output transformers. ;)

13. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    It's a Marshall guv'nor clone if you weren't aware based on the original black box one.

14. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Yeah, I was able to figure that out. Also looking at the EHX OD Glove - I guess it's a modified OCD - that I can get for dirt cheap at work. Only a few dollars more than the daddy-o.

Of course I don't need either of them...

15. Already home and two bowls in. Bridge of Sighs spinning on the record player...

16. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
  17. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Inactive

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Whoa, you guys move fast! New thread already!?

And you call yourselves stoners... :bag:

18. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Guess you reminded everyone of that fact

19. Auspex

Auspex

Jan 30, 2013
    Boise, Idaho
    Just rented Gravity in bluray...gonna go home, roast and relax tonight. Been excessive-ing way too much lately. Starting to take it's toll.

This weekend is a Sat/Sun practice, though. New drummer is finally catching up, so hopefully we can really move forward with the 2x practice. Show season is upon us and we better be fvcking ready!!!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021