Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread, Part 90: Maxed Out

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Korladis, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Good idea. Iron!

Slow music, fast threads.

Sounds pretty cool. I assume it's all SS, but I bet it still sounds pretty awesome. I wish they said specifically what those frequency bands were.

2. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Ebay auction was a success, figured I'd get sniped but i didn't. One non functioning EHX Clone Theory from the early seventies heading my way. Better get off my ass and fix the Bad Stone!

3. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Reading other parts of TB is depressing sometimes. There's a guy embarking on converting his Epiphone t-bird to a 12-string, and the negative posts are just so tiring. There's one dude who insists that the criticism is just wise advice, but upon reading that thread, it occurred to me that I have not seen him make a useful post, ever.

4. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Saw that one too. He might be right but he is being awfully condescending. Could probably use a hug, a joint AND a handy.

5. Playing catch up, was doing field work today, hard to drive and read my little droid 2 LOL. That is good stuff!!! Been jonesin for a germanium fuzz face for some grampa rock now I want one even more LOL. Trying to find one with a Bias knob so I can go from Grampa to Hommes on guitar LOL.

6. twhitedc

twhitedc

Feb 19, 2011
    NJ

Couldn't we all? Just got home, happy freaking Friday, loving some Bob's Burgers.

7. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Who's you're favorite of the family?

8. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    gravity looks so awesome....and thats about it. no story, script is meh, and the acting is so so. one of the most overhyped movies in a long time.

9. Just watched Odd Thomas, pretty fun flick and good Lord Datassian seing Addison Timlin in a Victoria's Secret Lacie was the icing on the cake! Saw Cloud Atlas last night, enjoyed that too!

10. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    i saw noah last weekend, it was ****ing rad. im not a relgious guy at all, but i love wrath of god type stories and darren aronofsky is one of my favorite directors (IMO hes never done a bad movie) and this is just another in a long line of awesome ones hes done. my only complaint was that it was PG13, they could have easily bumped up the intensity and made it R, but oh well. still pretty borderline PG13, there were some moments where i wondered how they got it past, but usually when theres "religion" tied to a movie, you can get away with some over the top violence.

the script is so epic, and russell crowe was awesome in it.

11. Yeah saw the Noah preview before Cloud Atlas and it looked pretty epic and I am excited to see it.

12. After that track was posted last thread I started listening to the album. I mentioned it to my dad, and that fuucker pulls out the original vinyl. He wont let me have it.... :scowl:

13. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Seriously. Spin that start and stream the same track from the internet. Great example of what is better about vinyl.

14. I found an original pressing of Bridge of Sighs. I can't believe how awesome it sounds. Trower's guitar tone is amazing, one of the very few that can make a strat sound good.

15. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    gear tetris - there's a 215 in there as well. thanks Honda CRV.

Attached Files:

16. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu All you need is fuzz.

Apr 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    The gear weighs more than the car!

17. PlunkRock

PlunkRock

May 2, 2013
    Scotland

Until Noah. I was super excited to see the film but, apart from a couple of great parts where his aesthetic style shines through, I thought it kinda sucked. First time I have seen one of his movies that didn't leave me with questions in my head at the end, too simple and too many "reeeeeeeeally?" parts :(

(IMHO)

18. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Sometimes people actually ask me if I should be really be putting that much weight in the car.

But speaker cabs and amps really aren't that heavy. Even the biggest, heaviest thing I carry doesn't weigh any more than I do.

19. twhitedc

twhitedc

Feb 19, 2011
    NJ

I don't know, they're all great.... Maybe Louise?

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021