Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread, Part 90: Maxed Out

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Korladis, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu All you need is fuzz.

Apr 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Good band practice last night. Well, not really practice because we were tracking drums. Completed two songs. Good tracktice, then?

2. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    My jazz has model J's so it's kinda like a double p :).

3. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA

I used it to check all my grounds but after the pot died and I grounded everything to the shielding paint it was dead quiet.

4. I will have to look in to that. Shield paint the interior, then hook it all up to a common grounding post.

5. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    The best deal is stew mac. It's expensive but actually the deal compared to other place for price and quantity. I also know it's of high quality. And used it's many times

6. What did you use on the pick guard? shielding tape?

7. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Alpine, TX
    Why isnt this in OT? :/

8. Why arnt you in OT? .i..

9. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Paging Joe/Squanch:

You heard these guys?

Audley Freed of the Black Crowes with a total Paul Roberts-style singer belting it out. Good stuff.

10. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA

Pick guard had tape on it already but you can use the paint there too.

11. twhitedc

twhitedc

Feb 19, 2011
    NJ
    Here. Just 6 pages late.

More feedback on he BDPG, I dug it with my Eb-3, right into the acoustic b200, I found it to be redundant when running the eb-3 -> pedal board -> BDPG -> Meatsmoke. I also tested it with the P-bass.... It kind of takes away the fender tone, which is what I want for when I want to sound like Matt Freeman.

Guitarist is going to check out an additional rig today, so duel rigs may be in our near future! I'm going to experiment with the eb-3 -> BDPG -> acoustic 320 -> 215 in addition to running the eb3-> board -> meatsmoke -> 215

12. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Is it Friday anywhere else? I'm ready for the weekend and beers. Especially the beers.

13. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Gettin off early :) FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

14. +1

Grand Rapids has the best beer in the nation... So I am hitting up at least two breweries this weekend.

15. Ok guys... Need some input on a Verellen pre amp. What kind of tone stack do they have? What are your impressions?

16. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Should I buy a metal-casing Danelectro Daddy-o with power supply for 30 bucks? I really don't need it but it activates my cheap-ass spidey senses.

...and hooray for beer. It's payday after a slim two weeks - BEER and practice tonight, show tomorrow.

17. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I believe they are a high gain fender tone stack.

18. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    You know my answer to that!

19. twhitedc

twhitedc

Feb 19, 2011
    NJ

Love it love it love it. There's a demo on my soubdcloud.... Search Tyler white 14

20. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Haha, yeah I do. I've been on cheap pedal binge lately - I don't know when I'll use the daddy-o, it could knock something off the bass board, but I'm really digging the Rat and Bazz...

If at some point I get a guitar rig going it would be good to have.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021