1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 810E or GenzBenz 610T-XB2?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThePaleHorse, Jun 1, 2007.

1. I've played through an ampeg svt810E and loved the tone and everything. Has anyone had any experience with the genzbenz 610? It has a sensitivity rating of 105db. Would this make it significantly louder than the svt810's 100db rating? Im looking to get a new cab and want to make the right choice. Also they are both around $1000 which is about the cutoff of my pricerange.

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If you love the 810E tone then get it. If not, I think a good 610 would make you happy too. Genz-Benz is highly praised around here, but I'd also suggest the Mesa 610 or a Bergantino NV610.

3. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    +1

4. This is my Genz setup. As you can see my cabinet is a 610T-XB2. I bought the cabinet 18 months ago and have continuesly gigged with it in a host of venues since then. It's a loud and very articulate sounding cab.

It's pretty easy to move around. I can't say the same thing for the Ampeg 810, or any 810 cabinet for that matter.

There's no question that it helps to be driving it with a 1000 watt head at 4 ohms.

I was going to buy an 810 before I found my 610T-XB-2. It would have been a mistake for me if I had now that I think back about it. This cabinet is everything and more that any 810 cab could give me in sound, and it's smaller and far easier to move around to boot.

[​IMG]

TD

5. I LIKE my ampeg 810, I just wish it pumped out some lower lows. It really does the low mid thing like no other cab can, but I just wish it went a bit deeper into the lows.

6. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I recently got the chance to play through a Eden 610XLT. To my way of hearing bass it was the " BEST" 10" speaker loaded cabinet I've ever played .

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

The standard Ampeg 8x10 is a sealed box (no ports). If you want bigger lows, you'll probably want to audition ported cabinets. I'd recommend the 6x10 cabs listed above: Mesa, Genz-Benz, Eden. Also the Epifani UL610, if you don't mind paying more for the convenience of an ultra-light cabinet. The Bergantino NV610 is sealed like the Ampeg.

If you're looking to change your tone, then heck, maybe a 4x10 would work for you. Or a 4x10/1x15 stack.

8. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    WOW, beautiful Genz-Benz setup!!! Nice nice nice:eek:

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021