1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronic BH500 and effects...?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Idiot Savon, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Essex, CT
    I have an EHX Micro POG, a Digitech X-Series Bass Synth Wah, and a Bass POD (v1.0, the old Metal Kidney of Death; I use it mostly for chorus and distortion.) I just bought a TC Electronics BH500 which, as you may know, has no effects loop (but gives me a series of beautiful "clean" tones.)
    If you had all these, what order would you put them in? Should I just run a patch cable from the last output to the amp's input? I have yet to put all three effects in a chain, so ANY advice is welcome.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Effects pedals are meant to go into the amps input. FX loops are generally meant for line level effects, mostly found in rack mounted units. So yes, run it all directly into the amps main input. The order of the effects is totally personal preference, so experiment until it sounds best to you.

3. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Essex, CT
    Will do! Thanks!

4. loprovideo

loprovideo

Dec 25, 2008
    ive always heard put the distortion last if you have that in the chain!
    otherwise you may be having a distortion sound through your Phaser or Chorus, which could get very muddy!!....just a thought
    but i agree, mostly place them to your choice of sound, shouldn't effect too much, but maybe!