1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Acoustic Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Owl, Jun 17, 2008.

1. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    +1 It's at least 1 better than the 370 logo!

DJ Bebop, FranF and StereoPlayer like this.
  2. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Agreed! Always dug the 371 look more.

DJ Bebop and StereoPlayer like this.
  3. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Gotta admit, when I fired up the 370-371-301 rig a few weeks back, it was emotional... lol. Still an amazing thing!

DJ Bebop, Sorado71 and StereoPlayer like this.
  4. The 371 System

DJ Bebop and FranF like this.
  5. ghostinthemach

ghostinthemach Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    Wow, I can’t remember who is in charge of anything anymore. Maybe no one atm.
    In the mean time use your first equipment photo post as your ‘member number’ and consider yourself one of us!
    Same for you FranF

DJ Bebop, FranF and StereoPlayer like this.
  6. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Sounds good to me! (pun intended)

7. FWIW there is a 360/361 combo listed on the Seattle CL for $800 right now. 'Looks like they could use a good bit of TLC!

8. I love this thread!
    3BE968E6-808D-48F5-9B47-071E0F94136A.jpeg

9. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Also loving this thread! I'm still nearly as excited about finding this banner years ago as I was finding all my ACC gear. lol... acoustic banner w 371.jpeg

shoot-r, DJ Bebop, Fuzzonaut and 6 others like this.
  10. Oh yea! I wish I had my water slide decal. It was on my 1965 Buick Specials back window. And...I sold my cab for a while but got it back a year later...during that time I threw away my “Lifetime Warranty” card...:banghead:
    The banner is great!

NCD NAD Vintage Acoustic 371 Got “MY” speaker cab back!

11. Btw, your cabs are in great shape!

12. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Thanks! They've been babied. :)

13. Sorado71

Sorado71 Sunn since 1971! Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2010
    St. Louis, Mo.
    ACC advice.jpg

14. Fuzzonaut

Fuzzonaut

Aug 27, 2013
    Switzerland
    Thanks again for your advise regarding my blown CW 187. Reconing didn't pan out and as somebody on a German bass forum did put the Eminence into his 301 cab and highly recommend it, I finally gave it a go.

I also changed the jack and cable while I was at it and after a short test drive to make sure it works I'm quite pleased with the results! Should get more time tomorrow, looking forward it!

P1040462.jpeg

P1040447.jpeg

15. ghostinthemach

ghostinthemach Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    I will likely be posting sound of my own ACC gear for sale in coming weeks. Need to recover some space.

FranF, Sorado71 and StereoPlayer like this.
  16. Sorado71, StereoPlayer and FranF like this.
  17. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Being a (retired) residential/commercial electrician, I sketched out this drawing showing my plan to upgrade my '71 150b from the two-wire death cap line cord to modern three wire grounded. In theory, it's viable, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing a trick or two, or forgetting any detail that would make it not kosher in the amp itself. Ultimately, at the last step of this drawing, I'll have the neutral white going direct to one of the two black transformer wires, and the fused, switched and pilot-lit side going to the other black. My goal is to keep the convenience outlet working, the pilot obviously, and the ground switch and death cap totally disabled. Look good? ACC 150b sketch.jpg Thx!

18. Roxbororob

Roxbororob Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Montreal
    You are more qualified than I am but that is how I bypassed mine. At the time that I did mine I found this on the interweeb:

3prongconversion.JPG

Did the same thing on an old Dynacord Gigant Tube amp.

Sorado71 and LetItGrowTone like this.
  19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021