The Combo Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChefKen, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Doctor Intrepid

Doctor Intrepid

Dec 27, 2017
    Macca is the richest pop musician of all time. Kind of cool that it is a bass player that is number one. I wonder how much his old Hofner would sell for?

swink, 68Tele-Bass, iagtrplyr and 4 others like this.
  2. SoulReflection

SoulReflection Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Certainly more that I could afford ;).

swink, iagtrplyr, Miles_ONeal and 3 others like this.
  3. WestyBassBob

WestyBassBob Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2020
    I guarantee you that if he was here is using a pseudonym and using it to call the Rolling Stones a cover band or something.

swink, iagtrplyr, Miles_ONeal and 5 others like this.
  4. See there is precedent! C'mon oh great exalted one!
    (BTW yes that would be you @iagtrplyr !!!)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 1:44 PM
    swink, iagtrplyr, RodRy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Sort-of here
    and grateful for that. Fully vaccinated and hit hard with a breakthrough infection. Just now coming around a bit. What this would be like without the vaccination is not something I want to dwell on. Am home, breathing well, stamina is shot, healing is well underway. Yikes it hit hard

And within an hour or two of the lab results today, took the long-awaited call — my Stingray is repaired after some seven? months in the queue. Supply chain and all. Paid by phone, and a friend picks it up for me Friday. I'm not leaving the house for some while, it might appear....

Will post pix.

6. Great to hear your coming around and the Ray is on it’s way!
    I’m a contact tracer in my semi retirement life. It’s out of control. Again. It’s only gonna get worse.
    Be safe out there everyone!
    Feel better @Morrighan

swink, 68Tele-Bass, iagtrplyr and 4 others like this.
  7. west al

west al Road Rex Supporting Member

You take care of yourself.

8. Blue Moose

Blue Moose

Oct 8, 2009
    Morrighan: Glad to hear you're on the mend. This is nasty stuff. I've been able to dodge it, but many friends and family members haven't been so fortunate.

west al, swink, 68Tele-Bass and 5 others like this.
  9. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Contessa! I thought you must be traveling since not hearing from you since Sunday. So sorry for your breakthrough! Glad you were protected to some degree. Best wishes for a swift recovery. Hopefully your StingRay reunion will help. :thumbsup::smug:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 8:51 PM
    west al, swink, 68Tele-Bass and 6 others like this.
  10. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    He was 18 at the time. I think wisdom would override any amount of patience today in that scenario.

Yes! That's what I do with the amps I build or mod, although I try to keep it 200 or under.

Yup. Ideally do something like this:

Kalamazoo Amp Field Guide: EZ Line Out Mod

RodRy, swink and iagtrplyr like this.
  11. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    65 pounds? ROFL!
    http://www.rru.com/~meo/Guitar/Amps/u1040.html
    I really need to revise that page, because I later bought a Peavey Heritage VTX (95 pounds).
    Those were my guitar amps. It's so weird having a Rumble 100 that weighs far less than either of those.

swink, G-Dog, Michael Favata and 2 others like this.
  12. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Yikes. So sorry you caught it, glad it wasn't even worse. We have been really careful and my wife still caught it before the vaccines were available. Pretty rough. And we've known people who died and who almost did from it (all unvaccinated). We're fully vaccinated and still careful. If we needed incentives to be careful, my wife's clients (she's a doula) and my dad being 93 would do it.

Why? Well, in part so I can keep making music with my Thunderbirds through my Rumble 100 COMBO AMP! That thing ain't gonna make noise by itself.

RodRy, swink, SoulReflection and 3 others like this.
  13. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    My Rumble 100 weighs less than my Bassman 25, which weighs almost as much as my 200c.

RodRy, Miles_ONeal, swink and 4 others like this.
  14. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    FN1, you are officially our 261st member, congratulations! As far as sharing any insight into our affection for combos (and bass playing in general), I say provide away. If ya hang around us enough you'll find out there's a wealth of information, storytelling, and general discussion about anything that makes us get to know you all the better. Yep, we try to treat you like a human as best we can, though I think some are possibly cyborgs! :woot:

15. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    "Resistance is futile".

RodRy, Miles_ONeal, swink and 3 others like this.
  16. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    I did. In fact, I offered to swap, even up, my Rogue for his 500/1. He said no. Then, he asked if he could join the combo club? I said no. We both agreed to call it even and signed off life-long friends.

Here's a link if you wanna know more about his stolen Hofner bass. The one he's used for the past last 50 years was his "newer" bass guitar. Funny, it's never turned up. I'm guessing GP has it in his garage behind a Peavey keyboard cabinet or something...

Trace The Bass: Paul McCartney's lost Höfner guitar

17. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    :roflmao:. No, it's not a Gibson/Epiphone.

18. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    In a word...no. But, if Sir Macca stops by with a pic of his combo, one that I've never seen ever because he seems to play separates, as far as I know, I will offer him a number and he'll have to say, yes. If confused, see G'dog's post. Michael, I'll give ya credit for trying! Go listen to "Mumbo" and you'll feel better. :bassist:

RodRy, Miles_ONeal, swink and 2 others like this.
  19. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Oops, forgot. At least i didn't say his combo was behind an Ampeg 8X10 cabinet! :thumbsup:

RodRy, swink and SoulReflection like this.
  20. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    I got a hernia just looking at it...:bawl:

RodRy, swink and SoulReflection like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021