The Modded Bronco is finished… Squier Pinto?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by capnjagg, Jan 3, 2022.

1. So after trading my brother my modded Bronco for his, I decided to do some more mods. Some may call it a problem, or completely unnecessary, but I enjoyed the process, and I’m happy to call it finished. He replaced the pickguard and pickup, I replaced the tuners, knobs, and bridge, and feeling like it was missing a certain something, I asked my brother-in-law to paint the backside of the pickguard. I’m extremely happy with the results, and I hope you all enjoy it too. BB942E2E-3358-4908-A06B-79AAAE1DDD78.jpeg 980F1318-F027-4652-982F-5B4EF14D8AD3.jpeg 33D3F7BD-1869-480A-9D9E-9496C4B0F06D.jpeg D8CF4966-E7B4-4DA8-8D68-E2C22130482D.jpeg

2. Love to see a personalized bass, looks great.

Is that a custom string spaced SD pickup?

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Does it blow up if you hit it from behind??

Seriously, good job.

mikewalker and Jefus like this.
  4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

that ax looks great, @capnjagg! nice work, love the pg, congrats on a cool instrument! :thumbsup:

5. Nah, just a regular Antiquity II, but that’s why I opted for a threaded saddle bridge haha.

Lol, that’s what I’m hoping for! It would give a whole new meaning to the term “show stopper.” ;):thumbsup:

mikewalker likes this.
  6. Ah, good thinking.

7. 7dollarbologna

7dollarbologna

Apr 22, 2014
    Downtown Albuquerque
    Desert Eccentric
    Is that Wilkenson different from a Fender vintage style bridge (besides the saddle screws)?

8. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Half the TB membership has no idea what you're talking about and in a few more years the rest of us won't remember.

portpc, mikewalker, Robot.G and 2 others like this.
  9. dalkowski

dalkowski It's "rout," not "route." Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Beat me to it.

WI Short Scaler likes this.
  10. covermego

covermego Still here....... Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Redding, CA
    I'm easily old enough to remember this, but old enough to have forgotten about it. Then.....
    "I clearly remembered forgetting about it". Took about 2 hours to finally get a LOL !!!

And yes, same here....... a nice job. The pickguard inspires me once more...... here comes another project.

bholder and mikewalker like this.
  11. Old school tattoo flash!!.... way cool!
    Nice work... Too cool

12. mexicanyella

mexicanyella

Feb 16, 2015
    Troy, MO
    What is everybody talking ab—ahhh...Pinto. Yeah.

Regarding the bass: hell yeah! Cool!

13. funkinbottom

funkinbottom Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Northern CA.
    Couldn't resist.
    7a089526495b389fef023d1e31851bcd.jpg

And yes nice job. I like the PG a bunch. Now I have to buy a clear pickguard blank.

WI Short Scaler, Nev375 and bholder like this.
  14. It would be a drop in for a typical Fender, I had to mark and drill new holes on this one because the standard Bronco bridge is shaped differently. I know the threaded Fender bridges use nickel saddles as opposed to the brass here, I’m not one who believes the metal would make any substantial difference in tone. Build quality is on par with the Fenders/higher end Squiers I’ve played for sure, and I much prefer this bridge to the compensated saddle bridge that comes stock on these basses. For ~$20 shipped, I’d definitely say it’s worth the upgrade for a bass at this price point. Once you start getting into higher priced basses/basses with better hardware, it’s more of a lateral move/personal preference.

15. Huw Phillips

Huw Phillips Life is like TV if the channel sucks change it Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Hoboken
    Nice work, the pickguard is excellent lots of ideas thanks

16. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    That’s cool. Rock on.

17. FenderBassist

FenderBassist & The Trusty P Bass Supporting Member

I love it, well done. Enjoy your bass :)

18. MotorCityMinion

MotorCityMinion

Jun 15, 2017
    Y

19. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    It's cool, but it reminds me of...

thumb_we-need-to-talk-about-your-flair-vintage-accessories-52391989.png

20. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I drove tan a Pinto back and forth from Boston dozens of times and Not Once was I hit from behind, so I don't get it.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022