1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    I don't do 6 strings and rarely 5s anymore. At my age I've come full circle back to the 4s where I started. I have enough strings to change already. Lol

the harp unstrung likes this.
  2. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston
    Quite the Statustician there.

Edit: Are those LED's that came in the necks or d'you have them done?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    JSBassman61 and bassman28 like this.
  3. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    I am currently drooling-er-looking over the Status price list and they offer a variety of LED options. I am not sure one can easily slip them in after purchase...

4. CunniMingus

CunniMingus

Jan 5, 2018
    Rome, Italy
    I want a house with a garden like that.
    Funny-Sad-Angry-Baby-Pictures.

5. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Came with the build.

bassmike2010 likes this.
  6. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Its expensive either way. SIMMS can install LEDs on an existing guitar but I'd suggest getting it done with the build. FretFX also sells a kit that you apply on the outside that works great for about $100. It adheres to the side of the neck and does not impede on your playability.

MovinTarget likes this.
  7. ICM

ICM

Apr 29, 2013
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    NBD!

1976 Rickenbacker 3000. Rickenbacker’s take on the shortscale bass. I’m really enjoying this bass and learning to appreciate it more and more each day.

E2E8A63B-25FD-4FED-AEE5-7506FE6BE906.

And here it is next to my main bass, the Hofner V62. They go well together!

4A668BA8-4BC5-4E32-921D-7AA6EE207659.

8. FacStudio

FacStudio Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Worcester, UK
    @EdBo Sorry for the late response. If I had to sell all but two, which would I keep. The top left is a TT4 Masterpiece so I would definitely keep that - A fabulous instrument. I think the other would be the Red Forty Eight - Lower left. Thats just a sick looking (and playing) bass.

9. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Loving the Rebirth Custom Bass IV with my new Orange 50, British squared, why yes. The pickups sound glorious with dimes gain and a pick D073EB19-B91F-4265-A3BA-AFF99078392F.

10. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    That's really sweet Ivan! :thumbsup: I've never seen one before - is it all original?

ICM likes this.
  11. Pagorn Suebwong

Pagorn Suebwong

Jan 21, 2017
    This is all my dream to have these basses. Thanks.

12. ICM

ICM

Apr 29, 2013
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Thanks! It’s far from all original; definately a player’s bass. That’s what I love about it.

JIO likes this.
  13. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    06fb0pPl.

14. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Ok, I'm curious as to what is non-original -I figured possibly the bridge (a better choice than on most Rics) and probably the P-pu (again, not a Ric deal) and the pg which is cool because it echoes the early Ric guitars with 'full-frontal-pg's' from the 50's. As I said, I wasn't aware Ric did a ss bass and whoever did the mods did a good job. :thumbsup:

ICM likes this.
  15. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    DUKE11.

16. ICM

ICM

Apr 29, 2013
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    You’re spot on! Also one strap button and the nut are unoriginal, but those will be rectified soon. And I was thinking the same thing about the pickguard, good eye! I actually prefer it to the stock one.

JIO likes this.
  17. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    About time for a new family photo....

1977 Fretless Precision
    2010 Road Worn Precision
    2017 G&L Kiloton Fretless
    2011 G&L JB
    2010? Stingray SLO Special HH

allbig.

Nunovsky, Newer Dave, Ellery and 14 others like this.
  18. ICM

ICM

Apr 29, 2013
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    AE1025E3-ED32-4FFD-92A1-D9B410237A15. Here’s a Squier affinity P that was mine and I refinished for a friend. I had modded it extensively in the past and she offered to buy it from me “if I painted it shell pink”...well, I never play this bass and figured the proceeds from this bass could go towards the Rickenbacker I just bought. This bass has sentimental value to me, so she agreed that if she ever wants to get rid of it, she’d sell it back to me. Fair fair, but I guarantee she’ll keep this bass for life, it’s a very good one! Here’s the finished product; I’m really happy with how it came out!

19. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    NHBD! (new half bass day, or is that half new bass day?) Meet Tiger (no real points for how the bass got its name - its kinda obvious). The neck was on another bass, but this body came up in Warmoths' site, and it was really light, so I now have a bass that weighs 3023 grams - a little under 6.7 pounds. I also have been wanting to try a high contrast finish on Swamp Ash, so this was a chance to do that.

Tiger.JPG

20. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    wow that grain pops! it looks much more exotic and swamp ash.

Fretless370 likes this.
  21. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    Fairly well known trick: Stain it dark, let it cure a few days, sand it back until just the grain has dark stain in it, then go over it with a lighter stain. A lot of work, but the results seem to be worth it.

MovinTarget and Ellery like this.