1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Finland
    IMG-20181201-WA0001.

I may have done a blasphemous thing to trade in a 1974 Precision for this practically NOS U.S. Jaguar bass (2014) but I have always wanted one, and since I have gravitated toward Jazz-width necks, this complements the Precision part very well, with much improved playability. Besides, I have a starter fund to source my dream bass... The piece is absolutely mint save for a few pick scratches on the guard. The strings are even so new as to stain my fingers!

2. boots_cats

boots_cats

May 23, 2014
    IMG_20181125_204358.

Ric 4003, Steinberger Synapse 5, Godin Artisan TC, and my newly-acquired mystery fretless.

Spacehead_, Tofu, Nunovsky and 6 others like this.
  3. halfwound121

halfwound121 Supporting Member

Love the color. I'm building one, have bought the neck, but not the body yet. Debating on whether to do the original string-through 2-saddle bridge or one like yours. I personally like the white PG.

4. halfwound121

halfwound121 Supporting Member

I think it's balanced. He's got a Big Al, some Laklands, an original Fender 5, a Performer, even a Mustang P/J.

MovinTarget likes this.
  5. ReasonablyHappy

ReasonablyHappy

Aug 1, 2018
    America
    Opinions or not, that’s a sexy machine!! And it plays better for you. That matters. A lot. Hopefully you got good money for the P. Sounds like it. Now play da Heck out of it!!

juancaminos and rust_preacher like this.
  6. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

Even a wood rasp, just something to ease the sharp corners on the blocks, particularly the corners, to keep from dinging the necks...

7. I've thought of modding this for string-thru hoping for more sustain. I think it's the way to go especially since the bridges on the 50s p basses are pretty small

8. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    I went Babicz with mine. I mod Babicz 5 screw bridges by drilling them to make them string thru for a number of my Basses.
    Tried many different Pickups and the SD CS Stinger Stack blows everything away. That's probably why both Dusty Hill and Sting use them.
    ABADBITCH.

9. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    I like your fretless - if you ever find out what it is - let us know.

Again nice fretless.

fretno and boots_cats like this.
  10. GrapeBass

GrapeBass

Jun 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Graphic designer: Yorkville Sound
    While I posted a picture pretty damn close to this, the girls weren’t all gig ready. (Pictured rom left to right) a fretless Jasmine/Takamine ES100C with La Bella Tape Wounds, A Custom Kali-Koa Slab hybrid P-Bass, a Fender FSR Deluxe Jass Bass w/CS60s and finally a Squier VM fretless Jazz Bass w/CS60 bridge p/up and updated electronics.
    EF65D7EB-F336-4DFB-9065-AFAEA9C9F0B9.

Each bass has their own wonderful character. The Jasmine gives me a great tone akin to a double bass and has proven to be invaluable with my new jazz/blues trio which is primarily acoustic based. The Custom Koa bass is the most versatile as is best suited when playing a wide variety of genres. The Jazz has an old-school jive to it, thick and woody but with the classic jazz flavor. The Squier VM is nice, gnarly and growly.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  11. ReasonablyHappy

ReasonablyHappy

Aug 1, 2018
    America
    Man, that’s a good lookin’ bass!!

EdBo likes this.
  12. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Finland
    Thanks. Let's say that both sellers and buyers were happy about the deal. The vintage brick-and-mortar seller got a desirable bass to move forward. I had bought it for considerably less than what he paid for it, with the Jaguar bass - which in my opinion was very reasonably priced. If you get a ROI of close to 50 %, I think it is always worth considering the deal.

ReasonablyHappy and EdBo like this.
  13. I'll have to check out the SD pup!

14. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    Zoobiedood likes this.
  15. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    thumbnail_file (5).

16. epiphone T Bird.

Picked up a T Bird on the weekend. Will get better pics in the morning.

Nunovsky, WiccanChicken, G-Z and 4 others like this.
  17. ReasonablyHappy

ReasonablyHappy

Aug 1, 2018
    America
    D73F8717-D11E-4480-9046-42853496CEDE.
    New Gotoh bridge gold pickguard day...
    0FF4F476-62E2-46E3-9AA0-6D639D8B699F.
    New black pearloid pickguard day!! Bought it for my black jazz but I like the tort on it better. So it goes here now!! Just in time to put it up for sale....

TCaetano, juancaminos, Tofu and 7 others like this.
  18. vdub75

vdub75

Feb 15, 2013
    Celle/Germany
    my 3 telecaster style basses! left: rebirth custom guitars, middle: rebirth custom guitars, right: Harley benton

47376530_10216196733298378_8719866505279307776_n.

TCaetano, BK bassist, EdBo and 10 others like this.
  19. G19Tony

G19Tony

Apr 27, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV
    I dig the antique olive and black pickguard. My favorite combo.

vdub75 likes this.
  20. BK bassist

BK bassist "Apollo's Ghost" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Damn, just DAMN!!!

JGRicky.