1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. LowEndLobster

LowEndLobster Bass reviewer and youtube dude guy. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    EdBo, PizzaFiend and MovinTarget like this.
  2. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA Earth
    Fender Custom Shop Artisan Postmodern:
    • '59 Roasted Ash P-Bass body with Flame Maple Top and white binding
    • '62 Hand-wound pickup
    • '60 Roasted Maple J-Bass "U" profile neck with Rosewood fingerboard and clay dots
    • RSD High-Mass bridge
    • etc. etc.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  3. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
  4. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA Earth
    Close enough to 8lbs as makes no difference :)

5. That could weigh 15 and I'd play it with no complaints whatsoever, I'd just get really ripped in the shoulders.:thumbsup:

EdBo and PizzaFiend like this.
  6. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA Earth
    Same, same! :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    EdBo likes this.
  7. Felix Lopez

Felix Lopez

May 15, 2018

8. Basic Lee

Basic Lee

Feb 3, 2020
    Just had to have this one D1367B25-DD2C-4284-9444-F9BD274E03DA.jpeg D1367B25-DD2C-4284-9444-F9BD274E03DA.jpeg

EdBo, Nunovsky, pbass74 and 7 others like this.
  9. leerod054

leerod054

Sep 28, 2018
    Texas
    That Smith was a total surprise. She took me to Brook Mays Music in Irving Texas and just said maybe you can find what you are looking for here. Next thing I know the sales person drops that KS off on me. I was later told when I tried to give it back she was mine. I said BS.....he said no BS...your wife had this made for you. And the rest was history.

Kawai-chang, Psychbunny, EdBo and 4 others like this.
  10. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Wow

EdBo and PizzaFiend like this.
  11. RickenCliff

RickenCliff

Aug 6, 2012
    St. Louis
    Too much time on my hands so hey I'll play along!

Where to begin.....

SHASTA.jpg From the beginning I suppose? This Dean Z was the first bass I got to call my own. Played it in a metal bands throughout middle school and high school. Added some Duncan Quarter Pounders and a Hipshot D-Tuner later down the line. Doesn't get a whole lot of use these days, but she'll always be my first love.

JACKY.jpg Next up we've got my Jackson Kelly bass. As you have seen with the first, I'm kinda a sucker for explorer style bodies. Saw this beauty up at my local Music Go Round and couldn't resist. Has some Duncan designed pickups in it that are super growly, almost in the ballpark of a Rex Brown tone. One hipshot D-tuner and a new brass nut later, she's patiently awaiting her first time out to a gig.

RICKY.jpg
    Next up we have what was my holy grail for the first 8 years I was playing. A ruby red Rickenbacker 4003, modified with a Hipshot D-tuner, Hipshot bridge, and a Norstrand Nordenbacker in the neck position. (No bass is safe from my modification madness) Growly, punchy, and relatively quiet with the Nordenbacker, the Ricky pleases the crowd anytime, anywhere.

JAZZ.jpg
    Soon after my purchase of the 4003, I stumbled upon this Warmoth Jazz bass in my local Music Go Round. As soon as I got my hands on it, I fell in love and asked myself; where have jazz basses been for the past 8 years of my plucking??? The feel, tone, and punch was everything I was looking for in a bass. Add a hipshot D-tuner for good measure. This bass currently gets the most attention, as alot of the material in my current band was written around it.

T40.jpg
    Next up we've got a back-breaking classic! An all original Peavey T40 (still on the hunt for a D-tuner that will fit!!) Picked this monster up from my local Music Go Round in my quest of hunting down a Rickenbacker-eske tone. This led me straight to the T40. Although it doesn't sound exactly like a Ric, it gets you decently close. Add that to the other countless tones this bass can emulate, the versatility in a passive bass is unmatched to anything else in my collection.

DYNATHRU.jpg
    Up next we've got another Peavey, this time a Dyna Bass. Neck through, KOA body and neck, passive electronics. Very smooth neck and a comfortable bass to play, picked it up on an impulse buy not too terribly long ago. Pickups seem a little on the weak side, a future modification perhaps?
    SCHECTER8.jpg
    Here's another fun one, a Schecter Omen 8-string. Another find at my local Music Go Round, I just couldn't pass it up when I found it and ended up trading a purple Dean Edge 6 string to bring it home with me. No regrets there, this thing cuts through a mix like no other. Hoping to use this one a little more in my current band, fills out a 3-piece instrumental like nobody's business.

ATK300.jpg
    Next up we've got my Ibanez ATK300. Of all the basses I own, this one has the best action. Super low, super easy to fret, but with no dead notes all the way up the neck. Picked this up in a pawn shop about a year after I got my first Dean. Introduced me to the wonderful world of active electronics. Saw a lot of action in my earlier metal band days, but more recently not too much. Been going with more of a passive setup in my rig, but I like to keep my ATK handy for those special occasions.

CORT5.jpg
    This bass holds a special place in my heart. It once belonged to a good friend of mine who is no longer with us. Him and I were pretty much bass partners in crime, we inspired eachother to both become better players. I miss him every day, but I have this bass to remember the good days by.

KINGV.jpg
    We've reached the black sheep of my bass family. An attempt at a Jackson King V style body. This was a woods project my senior year. I made the body and got the neck of GFS' factory buyout clearance sale. With the amount of time I had in the class, it came out okay. It plays, but intonation isn't quick right above the 12th fret since I made the body a little too small. It was a good learning experience none the less. Makes for a nice piece of eye candy atleast!

CHUBA.jpg
    And finally the most recent addition to the family, my 2 string cigar box bass! Made by a friend of mine I work with, this little guy packs a punch! You wouldn't think you could do a whole lot with 2 string but this little guy will fool you! A chinese Rick clone pickup in the neck position, I take this little guy with me just about everywhere.

That's all I got......for now........Thanks for playing, TB!

Attached Files:

12. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    KILLER collection!

13. oldandbold

oldandbold Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Honesdale PA
    Hard acts to follow...but here are my pair. 20200325_145855 (2).jpg 20200325_145321 (2).jpg 20200325_145206.jpg For my 68th birthday I picked up the Jag, I wanted to learn to play and thought the SS would be better on my hands. Modded it with SDQP's, Gotoh bridge and flats. Love everything about it.
    Just before my 70th I picked up the SX for $100 because I wanted to try a jazz bass. I was shocked at the quality of this bass. Solid ash body, bound and blocked maple fretboard, chrome knobs. The only mods I've made are a new pg and flats. I recently upgraded from a Rumble 25 to an R100 and it sounds sweet. If I ever get the chance to gig this will be my player.

14. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    I like my VM Squier Jag, but that Sx is real purty!

EdBo likes this.
  15. 2many

2many

Sep 14, 2019
  16. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
  17. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    New review video is up!

18. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    New review video is up! Rickenbacker 4003S/5

19. andreaxgorla

andreaxgorla

Mar 27, 2020
    Hello everybody,
    I recently purchased this MX pbass neck "ROASTED MAPLE PRECISION BASSĀ® NECK, 20 MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS, 9.5", MAPLE, C SHAPE ". I wanted to know which tuning machines I can install (maybe something modern, like the new american ultra basses). Thanks, Hello. [​IMG]

EdBo likes this.