1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Modulus 96

Modulus 96

Jun 10, 2018
    At a certain point there's no way the wife can keep track of your basses. Especially if she doesn't understand what she's looking at. Heck, I have three basses and my wife said this past weekend that she thought that I had two.

droopyheads, EdBo, gg22 and 4 others like this.
  2. MovinTarget

MovinTarget Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Just remember to maintain the balance and not start noticing just how many shoes and purses she has... say something once and her all-seeing gaze will turn towards your own collection!

EdBo, Rodney Fritz, Reedt2000 and 2 others like this.
  3. bass theory

bass theory

Oct 7, 2020
    Portage WI
    the less a wife knows and the fewer she thinks there are, the happier the relationship.

EdBo, wysiwyg248 and Rodney Fritz like this.
  4. Thank you for the comment.
    These pictures together are making me think about the meaning of life and how many basses are really needed (probably 3 is enough). Due to COVID, things are standing still and I sincrely hope everything gets going soon again.

5. What a wonderous collection. Beeoot. Hope you have more than two arms and hands attached! Thanks for the post, because I can show my wife and say, "Look!". Her eyes'll roll back in her head, and I'll be off to get another bass!:woot: Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  6. Impedance selector for 50, 250 and 500 Ohms.

EdBo, Rodney Fritz and MovinTarget like this.
  7. Can you plunk a photo of your Musicmaster in here? I bought a JC Epiphone this Dec and it has WAY more under the hood than someone would think, by looking at this kindly ol' hollow body bass. Jack and Epi did a great job developing that pickup.

EdBo and MovinTarget like this.
  8. Basta-bass

Basta-bass

Feb 26, 2020
    Paris (France)
    I have 7 and my wife look at me as if I had 25!
    My problem is she's not stupid! She can count! She just can't see the point of having as many... (she's probably right about this).
    And worse! From her point of view, as a singer, she don't need quite anything to perform!
    :crying:

9. MovinTarget

MovinTarget Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    oh no no no! As a singer, does she wear the exact same outfit every time? She has tools of her trade and you have yours.

Nunovsky, EdBo, AB Nate and 4 others like this.
  10. jeep

jeep

Jan 26, 2021
    Baton Rouge, La.
    That Jazz is beautiful!!!

EdBo likes this.
  11. Most of my basses are really old, so she doesn't mind. Is just overwelming to look at all of them together.
    She does the same thing as I do, but with shoes LOL.

Nunovsky, EdBo and MovinTarget like this.
  12. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016

Sounds to me like you don’t have bass problems.

sounds to me like you have wife problems.
    ;)

13. Basta-bass

Basta-bass

Feb 26, 2020
    Paris (France)
    Nope... my wife is fantastic...
    She's definitely not a problem.
    :thumbsup:

14. bass theory

bass theory

Oct 7, 2020
    Portage WI
    OMG you nailed it.
    There was a time I thought the desire to own every shoe ever made was a learned trait that had something to do with feeling pretty.
    Then my granddaughter was born.
    By age 2, my son had to avoid going into any department stores with her... she would see the store as they were parking and start to shout "S H O E S S SSSSS..." and for years they couldn't get out of a store without a major family disruption unless she got some pretty new shoes.
    Same with granddaughter 2..... same with granddaughter 3.........
    clearly it is a sex linked genetic trait.
    My wife is actually pretty ok with my bass collection. But if she ever does complain I will have to remember to point out her shoes.

EdBo, MovinTarget and Outtaseezun like this.
  15. LOL. I used play a cover of this with a three piece band was in, never failed to bring smiles to everybody.

EdBo, AB Nate and MovinTarget like this.
  16. Nah, she got more curves than that Tobias. She is a keeper LOL

EdBo, AB Nate and MovinTarget like this.
  17. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016

So maybe she just gets a bit jealous of the basses huh?

gotta love them lines wether they be on a bass, car, *cough cough*(clears throat)..... wife.
    I’m a lucky guy. My wife loves me and my basses. As long as she gets caressed a bit more then them things are good.
    Hard to balance though as there is only one of her and 9 of them.....

Is 1/10th fair??? Jk.... :whistle::bag:

18. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    Picked this up today. A 1984 Ibanez Roadstar II. So NBD for me.
    IMG_2919.JPG

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  19. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Very nice!

What year is it?

EdBo and MovinTarget like this.
  20. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    1984. Thanks for asking, I put it in the description now.... doh! :banghead:

EdBo, jeep, PizzaFiend and 4 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021