1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Nice! There is a natural one for sale in my local classifieds, from 1981, but the asking price is 1000 euros.

I recently bought an 80s P too, but it's a Yamaha:

IMG_20210219_214641.jpg

BigBottom61, fretno, osv and 11 others like this.
  2. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    Ahh, the PulsarBass400, sweet bass. I had one for a couple of days but sent it back for being way too heavy. (I should have held on to it anyway.)

EdBo, J_Bass and MovinTarget like this.
  3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I've seen more of these popping up in the last month or so, than I have in my entire life.

4. Cool! I had one...wish I still did. It was a great bass.

5. Yummy! I could get with that :thumbsup:

EdBo, J_Bass and MovinTarget like this.
  6. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    Turn the flash off on the camera and you would have a nice computer wall paper.

MovinTarget and J_Bass like this.
  7. pfern

pfern PFern Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Massachusetts
    NBD!!!
    New Rickenbacker joins the herd. 2020 4003 SPC in Montezuma Brown Nitrocellulose with checkerboard binding. One of 27 made. Waited a couple days before opening the case for it to warm up to room temp after shipping. Now all I have to do is to sell a couple of basses! Woohoo!
    IMG_0273.jpg

8. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

These are what I've got now.

IMG_20210113_115944.jpg IMG_20210113_120135.jpg

9. MovinTarget

MovinTarget Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Spidey2112, pfern, EdBo and 2 others like this.
  10. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

Hell yea! :D Funny that being obsessed with (Thunderbird) humbuckers at 17ish I turned completely towards the PJ. I'd happy with a JJ one day, for example a Spector.

11. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA, Earth
    I absolutely love the growl that my ‘86 Model-3B makes. There’s nothing else like it. :thumbsup:

MovinTarget, EdBo and r_bnks like this.
  12. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

Absolutely. IMO these 3 basses are unmistakable: The Jazz Bass Specials, Spectors and Charvel/Jacksons.

MovinTarget, EdBo and PizzaFiend like this.
  13. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA, Earth
    Maybe a better word for the 3B tone would be, snarl or bark. :thumbsup:

MovinTarget, EdBo and r_bnks like this.
  14. JIO

JIO shaken - not stirred Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Best P-esk design out there - always liked these basses.

Datsgor and EdBo like this.
  15. don21480

don21480

Mar 17, 2006
    NC
    New Gretsch Junior Jet II - I removed the ugly fretboard overhang, added a Fender HiMass bridge, slightly repositioned the pickups so they were evenly spaced across the strings, lost the pickguard, swapped the chrome mounting screws for black slot head. None of it was needed because the bass plays and sounds great out of the box but now its MINE!
    IMG_7354.JPG

Clipped, Datsgor, gigetto and 17 others like this.
  16. shade_1313

shade_1313

May 31, 2005
    My most recent bass...sort of. I recently stripped down my old MiM J-Bass, in order to sort out an off-center bridge, and still haven’t fully made up my mind what to do with the body, when a bit of an urge hit me, so after ordering some new parts and a Squier Affinity body from eBay, there’s this:

F3B20D81-8420-4011-83EC-6032BA277A9F.jpeg

The neck, bridge, and all associated hardware are from the J (apart from the nut, it having broken was another factor in stripping it down), all the electronics are brand new, and of course the eBay body. Pickups are Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, and it has a Nordstrand Tone Drop. The one hiccup is that it needs a wedge shim for the neck, which is due to arrive this week. It’s playable with the saddles raised WAY up, but that’s sub-optimal.

JIO, Strung_Low, osv and 10 others like this.
  17. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    No biggie... make it awesome!

EdBo, AB Nate and MovinTarget like this.
  18. Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Mar 26, 2017
    FB8D435F-DE19-491C-95AD-2472FC64D98E.jpeg My two. MusicMan cutlass and Caprice

Clipped, Mikey F, Datsgor and 18 others like this.
  19. Reindeer93

Reindeer93

Feb 3, 2014
    Just gave my main a bit of a facelift: '08 Fender Deluxe V MIM.
    IMG_20210219_140324257_HDR.jpg
    Besides the shiny, I also made it comparable with the current Deluxe model by putting in an active/passive toggle, but implementing it with a push/pull in the mid freq. pot instead of the unsightly mini switch fender uses.

gigetto, EdBo, Nunovsky and 8 others like this.
  20. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I have my hands on my '68 T bass , a friends '63 P and '68 T bass , pics this weekend \m/\m/

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021