1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

This is how you get the good gigs!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by phunky_guido, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Hahaha. I don't know how real this is but it's funny none the less. I thought you guys might enjoy it.

Attached Files:

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    That's some ******* making fun of bassists. Somewhat funny.

3. rhino333

rhino333 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Western NY State
    I see these all the time on Craigslist. From what I've seen, it's usually it's aimed a particular ad or person and not all bass players. I like the part where it says "no gigs withing 500 feet of a playground".

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That's funny oh those guitarists are a mischievous lot indeed.

5. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    You guys seem pretty positive that it's a joke.
    I'm not so sure.......
    it sounds an awful lot like many posts in the band management forum.

It could very well be a TB'er who is ready to get out of their bedroom and "make it big".

6. Joebarnes

Joebarnes

Oct 4, 2011
    Surrey, BC
    He's really limiting himself. Last time I checked, E was the money note.... or at least it seems that way when I watch people try and slap and pop at the guitar store.

7. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    But g is higher therefore better.

8. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    ^ then by that logic.... just playing h,i,and j should be the quickest path to an early retirement.

9. Ei. I saw this on CL. A couple days later our lead guitarist shows it to me right after I butchered root and third quarter notes in the studio for 40 minutes (how many times can you miss a chord change? dozens). The next day my gf sent it to me saying that she liked my ad. And now it's here too!

I do Em! Good luck getting me to play root notes on Bm but this isn't me.

10. At least he knows what he is worth... in his mind at least. Brave attempt, I might say.

11. E? Nahope! Dude is based in NASHVILLE, so it's country chords G, C, D. Might be able to play some bluegrass as well. Doubtful dude slaps and pops his bass, but...

The "No gigs within 500 yards of schools, parks or playgrounds" clause indicate that not only is the dude a "pocket" player, as claimed, but also a "pocket pool player".

Hmm, never used "dude" so much and so loosely before...

12. BassyBass81

BassyBass81

Feb 26, 2013
    wny
    I found this one the other day LMFAO!! :phttp://buffalo.craigslist.org/muc/3707941105.html

13. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

"... whale like a bandshe..." (sic). What an outstanding young man. The industry would have him nicely medicated and 100% under their control in no time if he happened to win that lottery.

14. BassyBass81

BassyBass81

Feb 26, 2013
    wny
    i'm not sure if he was talking about the animal or just becuse they sing really high and wear makeup:D