1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    ouch Dude...sorry to hear, good luck.

dagrev, MCF, JJR58 and 6 others like this.
  2. Saw Bob tonight.

A0CADA52-E4A7-4D74-AA9D-955DE0F3A8F0.jpeg

dagrev, MCF, Glenn Johnson and 8 others like this.
  3. My line6 G30 has that feature, but I don’t use it.

Gaolee, dagrev, MCF and 5 others like this.
  4. I’ve had a couple of drummers tell me Ringo isn’t a great drummer, but I’ve also heard that about Bill Ward.

Gaolee, dagrev, MCF and 7 others like this.
  5. Somebody here did this to an Embassy recently.

MCF, Glenn Johnson, PillO and 3 others like this.
  6. Envy kills.

Gaolee, MCF, Rezdog and 8 others like this.
  7. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Bob Dylan? Only 'Bob' recognized only by his first name. :)

Gaolee, GBassNorth, MCF and 6 others like this.
  8. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
    Yeah, I’ve heard that too.
    But Ringo has had people always wanting to play music with him for what? Nearly 60 years. I’d be pleased to be that ordinary.

9. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
    A bit sad to hear today that Greedy Smith from Mental As Anything has died. Heart attack while driving, 63yo, and no previous heart issues.

I don’t expect you guys know them but this is their biggest hit

But I prefer their earlier stuff like ‘the nips are getting bigger’.

10. I vaguely remember them being popular, but I would be hard pressed to name a song. I think they weren't my type of music and consequently never made a lasting impression. I think it was part of the big fascination with Australia driven by Crocodile Dundee. It included Crowded House, Foster's Lager, Midnight Oil, The Wiggles, AC/DC, Nicole Kidman and others. It probably came to a screeching halt when Australia sent over Yahoo Serious and that big guy that just says "Oi" thinking that North Americans would accept any Australian crap.:D;)

dagrev, GBassNorth, RedVee and 5 others like this.
  11. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I vaguely remember the band but could not have told you any song titles. Regardless, 63 seems young to pass.

12. Ringo has a very unique style and sounds like no other drummer - part of that is due to Ringo being a left-handed drummer playing on a right-handed drum kit. Also he's RINGO. ;)

Gaolee, dagrev, Miles_ONeal and 9 others like this.
  13. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    and Keith Moon..

14. But it simulates a $5k cable and that makes ALL the difference. :smug:

Gaolee, dagrev, Miles_ONeal and 6 others like this.
  15. I never realized Ringo was left handed. I have also never thought about drum kits being organized "backwards" to accommodate left handed drummers. But as I think about it, it seems like drums would be less left/right handed than a guitar. More like a piano - comes in one configuration only.

My brother is left handed and I can remember many times my dad telling him that it is a right handed world, get used to it.

Gaolee, dagrev, Miles_ONeal and 8 others like this.
  16. That's what I need! A $5k cable! Then I will play better. Much easier and than practicing and/or admitting that I am terrible. It's the gear.

17. Looks like it would be comfortable to play on those long, seated sessions. . . . :D

18. Play with a $10k cable and you'll be twice as good! :bassist:

Miles_ONeal, GBassNorth, MCF and 3 others like this.
  19. I'm sure that there are diminishing returns. Maybe I need to do some cable experiments. No that sounds as tedious as practicing. I'll just accept a linear relationship.

20. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    yeah, but does it model the cable coiled? Taut?..