1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I meant that as more of a rhetorical comment, point being, they developed some pretty bulletproof RF data encoding schemes.

2. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    irebird.
    Needs a Tbird to go with that Firebird.

3. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Agreed!

4. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Gotcha. Both seem bulletproof now.

5. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,

I've been contemplating a Gibson TBird to FenderBird conversion and was wondering if someone here could recommend a place with the expertise to do it. My 76 TBird has been a wall mount for the past few years. Its a wonderful piece of art that saw me through different periods of my music endeavours (prog, funk,punk,new wave, 90s etc) but after being decapitated and repaired in the 90s it finally succumbed to the neck damage. So.... Like me there's still some life left in the 'Ole Bird' and if I could find someone that knows what they're doing I'd like to put a Jazz neck on it. Thanks for any recommendations.

Rezdog

6. I have a BSX Allegro that sounds sort of close to an amplified upright. More importantly the neck has the same ergonomics so it’s good for practice.

7. Any good luthier should be able to do it, but a good luthier could also splice on a new headstock. Where are you located?

8. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I know Mike Lull has done this, but he's here in Washington State, won't be cheap.

Gaolee, Rezdog, Glenn Johnson and 7 others like this.
  9. Paul made most of his money, by far, by buying the rights to music, on the advice of Linda's father. Paul, in a Howard Stern interview some years back, noted this. He also stated that he was worth $7 million when the Beatles broke up. He is now worth over $1 billion. :hyper:

10. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I don't like fooling with much money and all the hanger-ons and is why I worked at not riding the old fame and fortune bus. It's worked really well for many years now.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  11. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,

In answer to Engle & TBird1958

The truss rod is wrecked. Unfortunately even the best attempt would not save this brittle neck from warpage. I'm in Toronah.

Mike Lull probably could do it and probably bankrupt me as well ;-) I had thought about one of his fab TBirds but I committed ($) to another build in the spring.

12. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    How about moscustomshop on facebook, he's in Redland CA, that's who's doing my ThunderJazz. He also does work on Dingwalls and for Noordstrand

13. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Gaolee, Miles_ONeal, JJR58 and 6 others like this.
  14. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
  15. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Don't know about luthiers up your way, but down here I'd be looking at TB'ers @Dadagoboi or @JIO or @johnk_10 to see what they can offer.

Rezdog, JJR58, Glenn Johnson and 7 others like this.
  16. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Me too also.

Glenn Johnson, GBassNorth and PillO like this.
  17. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Drat. Fixed it. Thanks Pillo!

dagrev, Miles_ONeal, JJR58 and 4 others like this.
  18. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Thanks for noticing-and linking.:thumbsup:

dagrev, Miles_ONeal, Inky13 and 8 others like this.
  19. Things are, sadly, MUCH different now, but THAT is a discussion for another forum. . .

dagrev, MCF, JJR58 and 3 others like this.