1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    speaking of mahogany...my buddy's new Taylor..
    upload_2020-1-14_20-29-30.png

MCF, dagrev, Engle and 9 others like this.
  2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

Our family ancester came over in 1692 after being given a choice: rope or boat. Lucky for my bandmates, he chose the boat. I also recently learned we share the same given name and surname, so I'm currently shopping boats, just to be on the safe side. As for Parisians, I dated one living in Montreal for about a year eons ago, so... yeah.

3. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    A SSS6SAB (Short Scale, Skinny 6-String, Acoustic Bass). Pronounced, "Ssssix-sab". Starts with a hiss.

And a gorgeous one, at that.

MCF, dagrev, Count Bassie and 4 others like this.
  4. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    1. No
    2.N/A
    3.N/A

5. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I'm never quite sure how to respond. Thanks for thanking me ? Nah. I usually say it was my honor.

MCF, dagrev, Count Bassie and 6 others like this.
  6. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    To my eye BMM is basically a pink variant. I already have one of those...
    CIMG5446.JPG
    Plays like butter and was my go to bass for performances during Breast Cancer Awareness month.

MCF, Gaolee, dagrev and 12 others like this.
  7. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    cause you’re cool.

MCF, dagrev, Engle and 7 others like this.
  8. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Gorgeous...

dagrev, Glenn Johnson, PillO and 4 others like this.
  9. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    I used the ‘bump’ the first couple times, but not sure it did anything...you can slightly edit the ad every few days, drop asking price by a small amount, etc., and that bumps it

MCF, GBassNorth, Gaolee and 7 others like this.
  10. The romance languages are like that, those derived from Latin. I think Italian may be the worse offender of separate dialects by region. Growing up bilingually it could be said that I was actually tri-lingual since my parents came from two very distinct regions of Italy. My mom was a northerner and she spoke the National language, Tuscan. My dad was from the area around Naples and he spoke his regional dialect with all of his "people" from that region but spoke Tuscan in our home unless he slipped into the dialect to be funny. I heard enough of both to become proficient in both and learned both before ever learning English even though I was born in the US.

I have some funny memories around the two versions of Italian I was subjected to with my mom laughing and rolling her eyes when my dad would speak his dialect around his people and she would exclaim, "What kind of Arabic are you speaking." It was meant to be funny and not mean and it still makes me laugh.

Here's an example of how far apart the two languages could be:

English: Turn on the light.
    Tuscan: Accendi la luce. Proper Italian spoken as, "Ah chen dee lah loo sheh."
    Regional Dialect: Ah peach ah loosh. No real spelling to speak of but it sounds like I wrote it.

I'm happy to know Tuscan and somewhat know the other though I'd have a hard time getting along in Southern Italy with only their dialect to rely on.

8 Facts About the Italian Language — CORE Languages

With grade school educations becoming the norm post-WW2, the National language is spoken and understood everywhere in Italy but the dialects persist.

RedVee, MCF, GBassNorth and 9 others like this.
  11. Just know that your service is greatly appreciated - by many, and those who don't are unappreciative morons.

RedVee, MCF, GBassNorth and 5 others like this.
  12. That'll get attention EVERY time. NICE! :thumbsup:

GBassNorth, dagrev, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  13. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Morning fellow bird-lovers... what was the T-bird thread doing on page 2??? Anyway, check this out. Don't have any info on it but it looks very interesting - most likely a new relic'd II to my eyes. The bridge is not original (original's narrower and wouldn't allow for correct intonation), the pg is not original (tug-bar holes are in the wrong place, bird too high up on the pg), but.., the body looks legit judging its edge-contours - especially at the bottom edge into the center piece. Looks exactly like my '64 II. And the Gibson Gold would have been a very, very rare one-off custom color if it's legit. It also has the correct black spacer under the pu and the knobs 'look' original.

81454844_475247589823710_3514773606074679296_n.jpg

14. BurtMacklinFBI

BurtMacklinFBI Rock 'n' Roll Knuckle Dragger Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2018
    That is one good looking bass. I don’t care for the bridge (complaint about a Thunderbird’s bridge? YOU DON’T SAY!), but that finish is really, really lovely.

RedVee, dukeorock, MCF and 9 others like this.
  15. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    Had my new Epi T-Bird CP for a couple days now...set it up and I've gotta say, I'm underwhelmed. Everything about the fit and finish is just meh. If I weren't pretty much just using it for a practice bass to keep in my classroom (I teach middle school aka the "hormonally challenged"), I'd be returning / selling it. My #1 is a 2019 Gibson T-Bird, which I love, and the Epi CP makes for a good practice bass as it's the same size / shape / pups. If you're ever wondering if the Gibson is worth the money...it is! I'm surprised how much I've come to love the feel of a nitro finish.
    I had an Epi VP (sold it to Miles...he should get it today?), which is much nicer than the CP as well. Not having second thoughts about selling the VP, as I don't worry about keeping the CP in my classroom, and I might worry about leaving the nicer VP there (the room is locked up after hours, but still...).

16. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    "Locks keep honest people honest".

RedVee, Dr_Feelgoood212, MCF and 10 others like this.
  17. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    Switched back to the stock white pickguard and black tophat knobs...like that look better after all...
    True. And fences make for better neighbors.

RedVee, MCF, PillO and 6 others like this.
  18. I totally get it. My CP sounds like my 2013 Gibson TBird but it no way feels like it. Nothing has ever felt as good to me as my Gibson TBird IV.

19. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    OUU! Guaglione!!!

RedVee, MCF, PillO and 4 others like this.
  20. I love it. So much of my childhood has this music as the soundtrack. Thanks, Chucky!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    RedVee, MCF, PillO and 4 others like this.