1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    ...or at least a lyric... hmmm...

Edit... I try and write a song and get something forgettable and moot at best. I forget about that and just say something in conversation, and I get a potential song lyric.
    Fine.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    My late father and yours have that free all expenses paid "vacation" in Korea in common. Cool patch!

3. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    GBassNorth, GonePlaid, PillO and 3 others like this.
  4. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX

GBassNorth, GonePlaid, PillO and 3 others like this.
  5. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    No excuse for that kind of thing. You have my respect.

6. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I was thinking that was more a WWI and possibly WWII thing. I know it started in WWI, but no doubt lingered till a more accurate term was called upon.

7. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
  8. Thank you for your service. :thumbsup:

9. Having served in the Army National Guard from 1978 to 1984, serving with numerous Vietnam vets and, also dealing with Veterans property tax exemptions in my soon to be over local government job, I know many vets who suffered/suffer the consequences of Agent Orange. A terrible thing. Thank you to all Vietnam vets for their service. In fact, thank you to ALL veteran's.

Gaolee, dagrev, Count Bassie and 8 others like this.
  10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Both prices seem a bit optimistic, but then again I paid a LOT for my well used 77 Gibson Thunderbird in ebony with a headstock repair. The Blackbird says it is a 2011, but the listing states that the model was made between 200 - 2003.

11. French Canadians routinely have trouble in France and particularly in Paris. The problem is that the immigrants from France to Canada in the 1700s were poor farmers looking for opportunity in the new world. As a result they brought with them peasant French (and it hasn't evolved as Parisian French has). It isn't that the French can't understand French Canadians, most of them just don't want to.

I, on the other hand, learned Parisian French in school and so have no trouble communicating with the French in Paris. I also use words they recognize like faire du shopping and le weekend that are forbidden in Quebec

12. Shell Shock, Battle Fatigue were a couple of popular ones. But whatever version of DSM they were on back then did not have diagnostic criteria for many mental illnesses including PTSD and a number of anxieties. And back then, neurology and psychiatry were one specialty, so a lot of effort was going into the dementias, palsys, and schizophrenia (which finally had an effective drug).

13. There is always hope. And persistent rumours. Feel free to start some.

14. Go for Burgundy Mist Metallic! It is reversible (albeit expensive to reverse, but doable).

Gaolee, dagrev, Count Bassie and 4 others like this.
  15. BIMT - Big Imposing Mahogany Thunderbird!

16. Thought so for the prices. I'm guessing the TB will go for around 5000$. Don't know much about BlackBirds, but I sorta see them as "niche" instruments and I'm not seeing any kid playing metal paying anywhere near that price, but that's me. Looks like a very cool bass though ! As for 2011, not sure what to make of that, guessing either simple mistake or the year the seller acquired it.

17. I don't think we are being forgotten. We have been getting Thunderbirds and SGs. They added the LP DC. I think we can assume that Gibson will look after us.

MCF, dagrev, Count Bassie and 4 others like this.
  18. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I figure the "2011" was a typo since the seller knows the date range they were made. I haven't seen a BlackBird go for over 2K recently, but I also haven't seen a clean one for sale in a while. They are cool basses and I really enjoy the one I have.

MCF, Glenn Johnson, PillO and 5 others like this.
  19. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Metallic BM doesn't appeal to everyone.

MCF, dagrev, Glenn Johnson and 3 others like this.
  20. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    I just created my first Reverb listing. Good grief.
    Those of you who have sold on Reverb:
    1. Did you use a bump?
    2. If so, what %?
    3. If so, did you think it helped?

MCF, Glenn Johnson, PillO and 3 others like this.