Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    My thought exactly.

Sheryl Crow's guitar player one time played a PB Firebird that just made you wet your pants it was so gorgeous.

Miles_ONeal, Gaolee, MCF and 2 others like this.
  2. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    :thumbsup:

PillO and GBassNorth like this.
  3. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    The black matches the knobs, but I'm so accustomed to seeing white that it just looks normal to me. And I think it looks good as well. Don't think you can go wrong. Summertime wear white, winter time wear black maybe? Don't want to be a fashion turd.

4. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    That right there is the look to die for!
    Throw in a short scale SG and a short scale Memphis LP both finished in PB with black guards and you'd own the world.

5. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Well, I have been married for more than 30 years, so yeah, that's apparently true. Depending on who you marry.

Border, Miles_ONeal, MCF and 6 others like this.
  6. ahem.

Border, Rocker47, Larry V and 5 others like this.
  7. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    The silver on the TRC looks better IMO, given the color of the knobs. I think the white PG is the way to go to maintain the vintage look. JMO. And no, you’re not the only person who tortures themself with such debates. Shallowness is a virtue around here. Just ask Will. Again, that is a beautiful Thunderbird.

8. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    How do you think I’m coping with all this?

Engle, Nocturnal, Miles_ONeal and 5 others like this.
  9. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I was hoping somehow you wouldn't see those gratuitous pics from the Pelham Blue bass orgy. You are an attorney, can't you do something about people posting those kinds of things online? Don't you have a duty to society as an officer of the court to protect us?:D Take deep breaths and remember that crazy person with a watermelon bathing suit dancing that PillO posts that is impossible to unsee or rid of the trauma for days.

10. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    I will be dreaming about that Thunderbird. I see Pilio’s melons in my nightmares.

My Vintage VP will get a PB refinish at some point. Flying Pig got a fair deal from the shop he used. Out here, it looks like it will cost $100 to $150 more from the checking into it I’ve done. Everything is more expensive here…

11. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I might have to do some checking around here. There are a few guys here in town that would do a good job. Unfortunately one music store and instrument maker I knew well went out of business. They told me anytime I wanted a guitar/bass refurnished they would be glad to do it for a couple hundred dollars. I just didn't need anything refinished at the time. Interesting store and people. The day began making reproduction and vintage Gibson banjos from the 30s and it took off like crazy among country and bluegrass players. He became a household name which began in his basement and ended up with a really nice music store. But the the father's death and the downturn in 2008 caused them to sell the music store.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  12. Is that a request?

Gaolee, dagrev, MCF and 2 others like this.
  13. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    MCF, Larry V, GBassNorth and 3 others like this.
  14. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    AHEM

Gaolee, JJR58, MCF and 3 others like this.
  15. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Negative.:rollno:

MCF, GBassNorth and PillO like this.
  16. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Yeah, that likely didn't come out the way Marshall intended. But I thought PillO was a.....well never mind.

17. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    That is beautiful!!! It turned out fantastic!!! I vote for the black guard, but neither is a bad choice.

Gaolee, MCF, Miles_ONeal and 3 others like this.
  18. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    We have a place pretty close (St Charles IL) has a cool concert hall called The Arcada theater (www.arcadalive.com). Wife was looking at who's coming and TOMORROW (of course, I can't go) is Suzie Quatro!

Gaolee, Engle, MCF and 6 others like this.
  19. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Sorry to hear that. I keep looking to see if she's coming to our area; she is SO STOKED to be back on tour!

Klondike, GBassNorth, MCF and 4 others like this.
  20. Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    StephnG, GBassNorth, MCF and 2 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021