1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tool already started on new album O.O

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by plastik-bass[?], Feb 25, 2008.

1. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    i´m looking forward to having it in my hands!!!!

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Please don't make it like 10,000 Days.......PLEASE!

Lateralus is so much better.

3. TeeMartin

TeeMartin

Jul 18, 2006
    Well if the world ends in 2012 and Tool takes 5 years to release it I'm not sure if we'll see it.

4. IMO it wont take 5 years...i think they are starting to realize that maynard wont be able to sing like that forever..

5. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    i'm sure we'll all love the new album, and appreciate it even more when the world doesn't end in 2012:)

6. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Mayve its just gonna take a couple years to perfect.

7. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    oh cmon, it wasn't THAT bad.

The Pot alone makes the album worth buying.

8. I have no idea what you're on about, I thought 10,000 days was masterpiece.

9. Jeramaya

Jeramaya

Feb 18, 2007
    Madison, WI
    "10,000 Days"...I thought it was underfed. The songwriting, if you can call it that, was half-baked. Adam's guitar whine was pretty obnoxious. Every time he had a moment to "shine," he'd go into that whiny wah/talk box kind of thing. I just wonder, if he spent as much time developing his guitar craft as he does the album packaging, how much better they'd be. And Maynard...wow, he tried some new things on the album, but I find them grating as hell. That intro vocal to "The Pot"? Nails on a chalkboard.

However, I love "Intension," the drums and bass are progressing nicely, and...some parts here and there are good. I'm not drooling over a new album, but I will welcome it with kind eyes.

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Tool's music has been suffering from some fairly poor production values of late. I thought Lateralus sounded pretty weak - overly compressed, no guts, thin sounding guitars, tinny bass, weak vocals, etc. I didn't even bother with 10,000 Days; from what I've heard, it sounds like more of the same. They need to get Sylvia Massey back at the helm.

And while they're at it, they need Paul D'Amour back.

11. It still is going to take them at least 9 months to write/record it thats if they are all actually writing/jamming together every day which I highly doubt. Still it looks like it won't be 5 years to this one which is pretty ****ing nice for once.

12. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Rosetta Stoned is my all time favorite Tool song for now. Jambi is also a good tune. And as for Lateralus, I have been spinning it lately and have rekindled my love for the song Ticks and Leaches. I will rip Tools new album open with my teeth!:bassist:

13. i plan on playing epic tool songs on my bass so loud that the packaging comes off by itself...

14. Naminator01

Naminator01

Oct 29, 2005
    If you don't like 10,000 days then you have to start doing drugs.

15. i listened to the whole 10,000 days album stoned...and i understood it....although now i cant recall what it ment...hmm i wonder why XD

16. the_fonz

the_fonz

Nov 27, 2006
    Kane, PA
    i don't see why 10,000 Days is getting so much hate
    i think it's a pretty good album
    definitely my favorite Tool album
    can't wait for the new album to come out

17. Jeramaya

Jeramaya

Feb 18, 2007
    Madison, WI
    What does that say about the recording?

Sober and not sober, I wasn't into it.

18. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    That makes me want to cry.

19. I disagree completely. The production and sound quality of 10,000 days far surpasses their previous albums. Overall it is more focused, professional, full, and dynamic. Their first few albums (while they do have a great sound going and some sweet songs) dont sound nearly as good IMO purely from a production/mixing standpoint. I dont know the people who produce/mix their cds so I'm not bashing them in any way, just the sound Tool comes across with is alot more rich on Lateralus and especially 10,000 days.

To grant you a point though, I think Lateralus was a big turning point in their sound evolution. They kind of went from the angsty post-punk kind of vibe to the more complex and developed epic "art-rock" if you want to call it that. They thought about the songs alot more and it shows, and they wanted to reflect that in the way they sounded.

All IMO, dont hate me please. I love Tool!