1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trussart Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by derekd, Mar 20, 2009.

1. derekd

derekd

Feb 16, 2009
    KC
    Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these, or has played one for any significant amount of time. I really like his steelcaster guitars, but his basses are very intriging. Thanks for any feedback.

BTW, for those who don't like repeat questions, I did a search and the most recent thread on this topic was from 1/07, and no one who posted had played one yet.

2. derekd

derekd

Feb 16, 2009
    KC
    Nobody?

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

+1.

I am very intregued by the Steelcaster guitars..... anyone play/see a Trussart bass recently?

4. plong123

plong123 All Your Bass Are Belong To Us

Nov 19, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    I'm going to resurrect this thread because there's been no other real mentions of Trussart basses in a long while.

I had the opportunity to play a Trussart Steelcaster bass at GC Hollywood recently, and I loved it. In fact, I really *really* loved it. It was a P/J combo of pickups, and it sounded so amazingly good. I'm a fan, and plan on adding one to the stable someday (when I can afford it).

Anyone else with an opinion?

5. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Yamaha & Grosbeak. I’m Marc!

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    How much was the rust-o-matic? (Billy Gibbons quote!)

6. Never even seen a bass model, but the guitars play and sound great.

7. plong123

plong123 All Your Bass Are Belong To Us

Nov 19, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Here's a pic I took of the Steelcaster bass. It's basically a P-shape with an old tele-bass headstock.

IMG_20130914_001239_zpsec0c633f.

Sorry about the blurriness, it's hard to hold a 10 pound object in one hand and have a cellphone stay steady in the other LOL

8. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Commercial User

Feb 4, 2011
    Fillmore, CA
    Professional Luthier
    James Trussart's web site is at www.jamestrussart.com if you want more info. His shop is here in the Los Angeles area. An interesting guy, who's carved out his own distinct style of guitars and basses. You may like them or you may not, but you can't mistake them for anything else. He stopped in my shop last week, and we sat around talking about basses, antique metalworking machinery, and the Luthier business.