1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

uh oh

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Deanbassist445, Apr 14, 2010.

1. I recently bought a silvertone lb11 out of the local pawn shop to fix up and in a moment of no paying attention and/or thinking i managed to snap the truss rod.:crying:
    my question is, is there any way to repair this or is just better to take the hardware and scrap the neck??

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Wait...what...how?

3. I wasn't playing any attention to what i was doing, i know a wicked mistake, and i really over tightened the truss rod and snap it went

4. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    StewMac has a trussrod repair kit. Basically cuts new threads if the rod snapped just behind the nut.

Dunno if it would work on your bass, but it's worth a look.

5. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    You can buy new trussrods off various websites.

6. Hi.

Unless You're interested in instrument repair and you replace the truss rod yourself, parting it out is the only feasible course of action IMHO.

The StewMac "repair" kit works only if You stripped the rod threads, so You have to determine the damage before ordering anything.

Since there's a lot of mystery surrounding truss rod repair, I'd urge You to try it. The truss rod is only around $10 mark, the rest is work. And as the neck is useless as-is, it's not like you can make things any worse.

Regards
    Sam

7. Hye thanks you guys for the advice and there is no rod left that i can access with a new nut, the threaded part of the rod snapped so i will try to part it out and if not ihave some replacement parts kicking around:meh: